026. 𝗱𝗼𝗿𝗸𝘆 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

TWO WEEKS OF PEACE on her midterm exams was more than enough for y/n to be happy.

she haven't crossed path with haru at all for the whole time and she was relieved. any doubts and fears of her next actions were buried in the back of her head.

kenma have been walking her back home everyday now, and they have started to spend a lot more time together.

today, just like every other day for the past two weeks, her walk home was accompanied by none other than the blonde boy who sat next to her in class.

"that's really weird." he stated as he let his eyes roam around the street of her neighbourhood.

"what is?" y/n asked, her head tilted slightly.

"it's been two weeks since i walked you home. but i still haven't seen the stray cat you were talking about." he confronted, his eyes met hers for a minute before looking away.

"um... well, it's a stray cat. maybe it ran off to somewhere else." she shrugged.

y/n lied, again. of course he won't be meeting the stray cat. it was never there to begin with. there was no such thing as being scratched by an angry kitten.

she made that up to avoid telling him about haru sinking a knife into her cheek.

they arrived at her front porch and she breathed out a sigh of relief. she walked away from kenma and walked up to her doorstep.

"bye kenma. see you in school," she waved goodbye and turned her key, then turning the doorknob and pushed the door open.

she welcomed herself into her vacant home.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

honestly, two weeks was a long time. and today being a friday, and also the last day of their exams, kenma seemed to have grown suspicious of y/n.

every single time he would bring up the subject she would immediately dodge it.

at first he thought that it was the scar that bothers her. but when he took a closer look into it, she was rather trying to avoid talking about how she got it.

kenma sat down on his gaming chair after turning on his pc. his phone buzzed on the desk which caught his attention.

he pulled down his headphones and let them rest around his neck. he took the phone in his hand and his eyebrows knit together when he saw the contact name.

he 'tch'ed at the text from his best friend, kuroo.

kenma sighed after reading the text. kuroo is throwing a get together next weekend to celebrate that midterms are over, and also an early birthday celebration for kenma.