020. 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

EVER SINCE Y/N TOOK THE BUS, she never had to worry about checking the weather forecast. she would always have a roof over her head anyway if it rains.

the weather was cool today, no sun in sight. she loved this weather. izuki and y/n both hopped off the bus and walked towards the school entrance. they were conversing casually until they both heard a roaring thunder.

"ah, crap." y/n mutter under her breath which caused izuki to turn to face her.

"what is it? you left your jacket at home didn't you?" he questioned. he chuckled to himself as he already figured that she would forgot to take it when she entered the bus with only the school vest, without her blazer.

y/n slowly nodded her head. "i could've sworn i took it in my arms before i left." she sighed.

izuki unzip his bag and took out a red jacket from his basketball team.

"here, i got you." he smiled. before she could reject the offer, he already started to put us jacket on her, making sure her hands made it through both its sleeves.

"thanks, but what about you?" she questioned, admiring the jacket which was big on her with their sleeves a little too long.

"don't worry, i have a hoodie in my locker. you can have this one. it's gonna rain any minute now, and morning rain in our school can be reaaally cold," he grinned and ruffled her hair.

"thanks, izuki."

"no need to thank me. we're friends, i don't want you getting sick." he chuckled.

they both walked alongside each other and he dropped her off in front of her classroom. she bid goodbye and watched the boy walk off to his own homeroom.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"morning." she greeted and took a sit.

"morning." kenma answered sourly. his eyes landed on the red piece of clothing hogging over her body.

the class started immediately as soon as the teacher entered the class. the rain had started to pour and y/n have pinched her wrist a couple times to make sure she stay awake.

it was really cold, but kenma's body was heating up everytime the corner of his eyes catches a glimpse of the jacket she was wearing.

izuki, 5

izuki's name and jersey number was hugely printed on the back of the outwear.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"achoo!" her sneeze echoed through the almost empty library. she whispered an apology and rubbed her nose. it have been raining for the whole day, which meant she haven't once took off izuki's jacket off.

"did you catch a cold?" the boy asked and she shook her head as she sniffle. "no, i'm okay." she assured.

"aw, you're both so cute together! you would make a good couple." haru slyly complimented.

kenma's eyebrows knit together as y/n and izuki exchanges glances. "it's not like that between us, we're just friends." he stated.

"oh, everyone start from being friends! i'm sure it will grow to something even greater, right kenma?" she was deliberately doing this. kenma ignored her remark and turn his attention to y/n.

"maybe the jacket is too thin, you could've just asked for mine. i had an extra with me the whole time." he shrugged, trying to play it cool. izuki caught on and a smirk formed on his face.

"i'm fine, thanks kenma. i'll remember that next time." she gave him a small smile and went back to studying.

haru glared at y/n, feeling even more wrath each time she take a look at her only to see the image woman she hated, the way she resembled her so much.

y/n felt a little weird, but shrugged off the thought. she finished her homework for the day and waited for the rest of them to finish their essays. she took out her periodic table and started to memorise them.

after a few minutes, her mind began to wander. her thoughts were all gathered to one place.

i wonder how is mom doing...

she went silent, her fingers barely moving. she was totally lost in her own mind. she haven't seen her mom ever since she left. she wondered where did it all went wrong.

she would often think about it a lot. but she remembered her mother's words on the day when she officially divorced from her father.

"none of this is your fault. don't beat yourself up. i love you."

suddenly she felt something drip down her cheek. her tears had fell out of her eyes, teardrops falling in her thighs and she quickly wiped them away with the sleeves of the jacket.

the three others stared at her in confusion. she didn't realise how huge the impact of that memory of her mom still have on her. it's been a year, shouldn't she be over it by now?

she met another man who made her happy, and it was no longer her dad. it's fine, right? no, it wasn't fine.

ever since she was younger, what mattered most to her was being happy. when she was asked what she wants to be once she gets older , she would always reply with "happy", and back then, happiness was simple.

happiness was her happy family.

ever since the divorce, she hasn't been doing well. and so is her dad, but they decided not to speak of it. because maybe, just maybe, if they ignored the situation everything would be fine.

but honestly, she missed her mom. she haven't felt her touch or her hugs in what felt like forever.

"hey, if you're sick we can just go home." kenma leaned in and examined her face, her eyes bloodshot and teary.

"i'm sorry... i don't feel so well..." she apologised and fixated her eyes to the floor. kenma understood and didn't question any further as he packed his things and stood up.

"i'll take her home." he told the both of them but izuki abruptly stood up.

"i'll come too. we can all take the bus together." he stated and swing his bag over his left shoulder. kenma didn't say anything and walked out with both y/n and the boy. they had completely ignored and forgotten haru's presence.

haru stood behind with her hands curled into fists, her nails pricking on the skin of her palm and her lips close to bleeding from how hard she was biting down on them. her face was red, fuming with anger.

"it's always you. you ruin everything for me, you took everything away from me. you're just like her." she mumbled to herself.

"just you wait, y/n..." she whispered and walked away, an evil smirk across her face accompanied by her angry tears.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

author's note:
oh my goddd what's going awwwnnn ???? it turns out there's more dynamic between haru and y/n ????gasspppp !!! what's happeningggh ??? i wonder where this is gonna goooooo :ooooo