005. 𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝘂𝗽

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

KENMA'S FOOTSTEPS APPROACHED his bedroom before he opened the door, a soft creak could be heard. "hey." he smiled before heading inside. he had a towel hung around his neck and wore a plain white tee with a pair of basketball shorts.

"hey." she responded. "so let's start, shall we?" he ran the towel through his slightly damp hair and removed it from his neck. "yes, of course." she nodded and quickly took out the materials from her backpack.

he sat on his bed and patted the empty spot next to him, signaling for her to sit there. she did as she were told and placed the notes, notebooks and pens on his bed.

his eyes scanned through the materials and requirements for the project. a pen twirling in his beautiful, slender fingers while his eyebrows furrowed and relaxed from time to time.

she couldn't help but feel herself blush, staring his beautiful appearance, golden eyes dreamily staring at the words on the book in his hand and a few strands of his blonde hair loosely falling out from the rest that were tucked behind his ears.

she was sure of it. he was indeed very... attractive.

she bit her lips and chewed the inside of her cheeks, unable to fathom her admiration.

she knew she was down bad for her seat mate.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"yeah, so that's about it, roughly." he said, sounding a little exhausted.

"right. okay then, i guess i should get going." she smiled and sat up straighter. "do you want to stay for dinner? i can order us pizza." he suggested.

"no, it's okay. maybe next time, yeah?" she glanced up at him for a split second and hurriedly shoved the books back into her backpack.

"o-okay." he stuttered. "will you be okay?" he asked, a little worried seeing that it was already dark outside. "yeah, no problem. i don't live that far away. see you tomorrow." she smiled and placed her skateboard down on the concrete floor.

she was about to step off, but he called her name and caused her to stop.

"yes kenma?" she turned around to face the male, who strode down the steps and stood right behind her, locking his golden eyes in her brown ones.

"um... can i have your number?" he simply asked with his phone in his hand. she took a step back, a little self conscious from his eye contact.

her lips formed a smile as she took his phone and dialed her number.

"there you go." she grinned and handed the phone back to him.

"thanks. be careful on your way back." he reminded and waved goodbye.

she felt a tingling feeling sparked in her stomach when he smiled at her once again.

"see you tomorrow." she turned around and left. and for once, she was looking forward to going to school.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"you still haven't passed the last stage?" she inched closer to the boy next to her, eyes glued on his nintendo. it was currently lunch break, and kenma was in his seat, a little gloomy that he couldn't level up.

he shook his head no. "i've been trying for the entire week." he grumbled.

she chuckled when he lost the game. "it can't be that difficult. here, let me try." she said and stared at kenma.

he sighed. "fine, let's see if you can do any better." he handed her his nintendo, still a little upset that he failed the level once again.

she took it from him and ran her hands around the buttons, attacking and shooting attacks on the monster.

"here, it's easier this way." he said and suddenly, she felt a pair of strong arms wrapped around her own, his slender fingers on top of hers, guiding them on which buttons to click for better attack and aim.

she felt as if her world was in slow motion, or rather time had stopped. his face was right next to hers, over her shoulder, his voice gentle and eyes fixated on the game in front of her.

her face flushed and heartbeat quickens, but she didn't utter a single word.

"you smell nice." kenma suddenly mumbled next to her ear, leaning in a few centimeters closer to take a whiff of her hair before moving away.

"th-thank you." she replied, trying her best to not make things awkward.

"sorry, i was too close. i got a little excited." he apologised.

"don't worry about it, it's fine." she smiled and waved her hand in the air.

"you really need to hone your gaming skills." he teased and laughed. "yeah, i know." she sighed and pouted.

"don't worry, i'll teach you. we can always hangout you know?" he turned off his gaming device and laid his head on the table, eyes never leaving hers.

she gave him a smile and nodded her head. "yes, we can."

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"oi ikeda, you good?" her band mate asked the drummer, who seemed to be lost in her own world.

"i'm sorry." she mumbled and sighed. "you mess up a lot today. is something wrong? we could try and help." one of the guitarist said, walking over to her.

"no, kunimi. i'm okay." she smiled.

"we still have a few months left til the festival. have you spoken to the teachers?" another bandmate approached.

"ah! that totally slipped my mind. i'm so sorry. i'll do it soon." she apologized.

"we could come with you, if you want to." kunimi suggested and she smiled. "thank you. i'll keep that in mind."

the practice continued, but she couldn't focus at all. not when a certain blonde was running around her mind all afternoon.