013. 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝗲𝘄

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

SHE TIED HER HAIR up in a ponytail, too lazy to even be bothered by how should she style it or bother about her appearance. y/n wasn't really someone who paid attention to things like that, she's just an average, regular girl who does things she likes and enjoy.

she left the house and walked to school, meeting with kuroo and kenma halfway. they arrived in school in no time.

walking with kenma, side by side, she fiddled a little with her the strap of her backpack, feeling a little giddy and shy. they eventually entered their classroom and approached their seats.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"yeah, i know! and how they would tell us watermelon seeds would grow in our stomach if we swallow it!" y/n and kuroo laughed about weird things the elderly had lie about after kuroo explained how he got his bedhead that couldn't be gotten rid of.

"hey guys," a voice approached them, and the light in y/n's eyes dimmed after she saw the girl who had approached their table. haru had gotten a haircut, her hair was a lot shorter than before. her hair used to be waist length but they were now shoulder length. and she looked even prettier today, for some reason.

"hey, haru. did you get a haircut? looking good." kuroo grinned and the girl giggled as she ate up the compliment. "thank you! what do you think, kenma?" the girl crouched down slightly to meet his eyes.

kenma only hummed in response and spared her a glance that lasted for a split second before going back to staring at his phone. she huffed a little but shook it off.

y/n stared at haru, feeling inferior with her hands wrapped in fist under her desk. she felt helpless. it was as if everytime she sees her, she gets prettier, glows brighter. while y/n was still the same...

normal, average, dull.

she didn't know what to do or how to feel. she knew she could never compare to her. kenma did say he liked y/n's hair, but so what? she barely does anything to it. unlike haru, who kept her hair healthy and pretty and in style, and very obviously well taken care of.

y/n knew that she was a little tacky, she was aware. she heaved out a sigh and excused herself.

"not going to eat with us?" a cocky grin formed on haru's face.

"go on without me," y/n faked a smile and ran out the classroom, hurrying into the toilet and locked herself in a cubicle for the rest of the break.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"class dismissed." the teacher announced and everyone stood up, ready to leave the classroom.

y/n had been in a daze the whole afternoon, being in her own world and she didn't seem too happy as well. kenma was a little uncomfortable with her sudden change in attitude but didn't try to question it.

she slowly packed her things and put her textbook in her bag, before zipping it up.

"want me to walk you to practice?" kenma's voice brought her back to reality.

she stared at the boy for a moment, then looked at the clock in front of the classroom.

she shook her head. "its fine. you don't have to," she smiled and stood up, walking out of the classroom while kenma stood there, a little confused.

she was usually bright and talkative, but she's been a little down lately.

y/n never made it to practice. she texted her teammates that she won't be joining today.

instead, she spent the rest of her evening in the mall, purchasing things she never thought she would spend money on.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"i think this one would suit you well, miss." the sales assistant handed her a tester from the line of lip products. y/n was a little stunned to say the least. there were so many different types of lip product and lots of colors to pick from.

she nodded at the lady. "okay. is there anything else i could possibly need?" she asked, and the lady gave her a confusing look.

"i'm sorry, i'm just beginning to learn about makeup. i heard about concealer and brow pencils before?" she asked once again. the lady gave her an understanding smile and nodded.

"these are for beginners," she smiled. "this is our best concealer, it's light weight and high coverage." she handed y/n the product. y/n examined it and placed it in her basket, thanking the salesperson.

"this over here is our bb cushion, it's easy to use so it's perfect for a beginner. and you must be a high school student, am i right?" she smiled. y/n nodded, a little embarrassed.

after grabbing all the basic things she needed, she paid for her items and thanked the worker once again before leaving the store.

last but not least, y/n also bought a hair curler. she had no idea how to use it, but she was sure there were easy tutorials in youtube to learn from.

she was done feeling insecure around haru. it's time she step up her game and make herself feel pretty, for once.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

liked by miya

liked by miya.atsumuu and 344 others
kittybittyyn its not too late for something new ig 🤕