twenty seven

It was already night, normally, it would be dark but because of the bright lights hanging around the park, it couldn't get more brighter.

There was still a few more days before the festival's highlight and also it being the last day, and so I went there, hoping to see that lady who granted my wish.

Everything Wonwoo said did made sense, but asking more information about practically everything that's happening regarding the time slips wouldn't make anything more complicated.

When I finally got infront at that lady's booth, I was a bit surprised by how many people were there. Unlike the first time that I went here which didn't contain a single person aside from the wish granting lady, now, there were many people in line and it already looked so popular among people.

The line got shorter pretty fast, that in no time, it was now my turn to get inside.

"Good evening, ma'am!", I greeted and went closer to the table where she was. The moment she saw me, her smile somehow became wider.

"Hello, young lady. I'm glad you came here.", She said as I sat at the chair across her's.

"Me too.", She chuckled and I did as well. "But, your business seems to be in a great spot today... people must've believed in magic now."

All my life I didn't believe in a world with magic, but now, I'm one of those people who believes in it

The lady grinned but she shook her head. "It's all thanks to you. If it wasn't for you, this booth would've been not here anymore."

My forehead creased, confused by what she said. "What do you mean?"

"Your second wish...", She started, but still, I didn't get what she was saying. "That day you had your very first wish to be in a parallel world, it was also supposed to be the last day I was going to give someone a wish. You were supposed to be the last person I was going to grant a wish for."

My mind wanted to question a lot of things, but I couldn't put them to words or I could even force myself to ask anything. "People being people, they were selfish because they were given a privilege. I've been wanting to quit granting people's wish, but there's still this part of me that wanted to atleast try one last time just in case someone can make me believe otherwise, and it was you, the last try and the one who made me believe that not all people are the same."

"M—Me? I mean...", I couldn't even continue my phrases. It feels great being someone's hope, but am I really worth that? I couldn't even believe that I was the start of something big which was the parallel world, now, I made someone believe otherwise? Like drastically believe otherwise.

"Even when you made me believe differently, I still wanted you to be my last, that way, I wouldn't encounter more people anymore, but when you gave me your second wish the other night, that you hope I get to meet and help more people in fulfilling their wishes, and get happiness from it, I was encouraged to give it again a try.", She held my hands and gave me a big smile.

"I—uh—I really don't know what to say...but.. I'm happy for you, ma'am...that you went back to giving people wishes."

"I personally want to thank you...and it would be great if you really did came here for a wish."

"It's nothing, ma'am...I didn't even know that it all turned out that way.", I cleared my throat. "And... I actually didn't came here for a wish...if you won't mind, I came here just to ask questions."

"Oh, really? Go ahead then, I'll answer them for you."

I sighed in relief and pursed my lips, before bracing myself to speak again. "So uhm...to start off, I would just like to tell you that he knows, he knows about the parallel world..."