nine

Right at that precise moment, I just want to know everything that I did for the past days, that resulted me to end up here.

Just what did I do?

Did I met a mysterious person?

Did someone bring me here?

There's gotta be a reason!

"What are you doing?", I quickly faced the person who just asked me, my friend.

"Writing?", I said as I raised my brows at her and even raised the ballpoint that I was using.

"Doesn't seem like it.", She eyed me, doubtful before pulling her swivel chair with her back near her table.

She's right. I'm aware too that I've been dazing, thoughts constantly ran inside my mind, while I'm writing.
Basically, multitasking.

I know this is not really good but I have no choice. It's a matter of life and death. If I won't think deeper, I would die here, in this world, without even knowing why I got here.

That morning before going to school, Mom told me to fix my bed but I didn't. Did Mom curse me?

No. I'm sure she won't, I'm her daughter after all and not fixing my bed is no biggie... right?

At the same day, my friend asked me to grab some books for her from the library but I... forgot...

And now that I've come to think of it, on the day before I got here, I did many not so great things that some, I even forgot.

But those things aren't enough reason for me to get in here. It just doesn't make sense, like a lot.

What else did I do that day?

I was supposed to wait for her from the bathroom but instead I went to some mysterious place—

Wait! That place!

That mysterious looking place! Where that lady said she grants wishes!

Heol. Did she just grant my wish? To get married to Wonwoo?
Then does that mean magic does exist?

I just wanna jump out of my chair and jump until my legs get numb but if I do, people will stare at me, so I'll just try to be calm, for once.

"Why are you holding your breath?", I faced my friend again with widened eyes.

"Do you remember that night when I told you that I went inside a mysterious place?", I asked her, whisper-shouting. "Where the owner grants wishes?", I continued, staring at her in so much anticipation. She must remember right? I told her.

"What are you talking about?", The moment she said that, I felt like my world crushed. "All I remember was you telling me that you found a new guy.", My forehead creased. New guy?

"And that guy is now your husband.", She sarcastically told and chuckled after. Oh right. I've read that in my diary... But!!

"So you're telling me that... that is the only thing that happened that night?...No mysterious place?...", At this moment, all I need is just a simple disagreement, that's it, nothing more, nothing less.

"No.", But in the end the least thing that I've wanted to hear was the word that came from her. "But why are you suddenly talking about that? The place your talking about?", Her face shifted into a confused one.

Should I tell her? But if do, will she believe me?

"No. It's nothing. I must've just dreamt about it."

"Really?"

I nodded my head. "You can go back to whatever you were doing just now."

Maybe if I already know what happened and have set everything straight, I'll ask her.

Time passed and sun already set when we got out of the firm. Our job doesn't end that late so I don't get to miss the bus.

"Bye. I'm just going to wait for the bus at the bus stop.", I said as I waved my hands at her and slowly paced away backwards.

"Okay! See you later!", I grinned and waved at her for the last time before turning around and walked fast to the bus stop, making sure that I wouldn't be left alone.

When I got there, the bus wasn't there yet so I just took a seat there for awhile. I looked around and saw a lot of new things, and now that it came to me, Seoul has industrialized widely that I can even mistook it as another country as it's so different from the world I live in.

I wonder what will happen if I somehow go back? And leave Wonwoo—

I cut my own thoughts when I suddenly saw a lady beside me. I was the only one here earlier that's why I got kinda surprised when there's one now.

But, she kinda looks familiar but I can't remember who— Oh right!

That pretty lady from that mysterious place!

"Oh my—", I said under my breath. I should ask her! This is my only chance, I can't just blow it.

"Uhmm.... Excuse me but uhm... do you happen to remember me?", I trailed off my words, pursing my lips after. Please just say 'yes', just once—

"Yes.", My face immediately lit up. Finally, I saw a ray of hope. "And Infact, I know you."

"Yes! I'm that person who came inside your booth the other night.", She just smiled at me.

"How is it?"

"Pardon?"

"Getting to have something that others can't?"

I somehow got what she's saying but at the same time I was confused.