eight

"Wonwoo.", I called and he just hummed in response. The night got deeper and we were already lying on our bed.

It was a relief that the lights weren't on and the moonlight from the window was the only thing that illuminated the dark room, or else I would've got self-conscious again and would spit nonsense if I ever do see his face.

"Nevermind.", I let out a sigh. Why did I even call him when I'm not sure what I am going to say.

"What is it? I suddenly got curious.", I bit my lower lip and fixed my eyes on the ceiling.

"W—We don't have k—kids... right?"

"Why are you asking me that?", I suddenly heard him chuckle. "No, we don't ans you said y—you didn't want to..."

Thank goodness. I thought being married will result to having kids here too, and I'm so not yet ready to take care of one.

But I got confused by his last phrase. What did I didn't want to do?

"Didn't want to what?", He coughed—no, choked. I wanted to caress his back but I can't, I couldn't.

"W—What's with you today? Did something happen? Why are you suddenly forgetting things?"

"I don't know either."

Because I didn't know in the first place. I don't know a thing about myself in this parallel world nor the things around me.

"You can sleep now. I won't ask any questions anymore.", The bed suddenly shifted and I saw right at the corner of my eyes that he was now facing me.

Why does he have to this to me? If only this was just as easy as fan girling him over the phone then I would've had faced him too and wouldn't mind spending the whole night just staring at him, but this still feels surreal and what I mean by that is that I still can't believe that he's here, beside me, nor I can bring myself to even believe it.

"Youmustbetired. Goodnight!", I closed my eyes shut, clutching onto the comforter really hard.

Is it morning already?

I don't know why but I have this strong urge to wake up but my body wasn't having it.

My mind can't function, why?
Because I barely had any sleep. I was so nervous last night that I even had cold sweats that I couldn't sleep early, and when I already did sleep, it felt like a minute just passed and in a snap it's already morning.

I absentmindedly hopped off the bed, still with my eyes closed and went down the stairs and to the bathroom.

I feel so tired but why am I like this?

I took off my clothes but when I opened my eyes a little, I mentally cursed at myself. My towel wasn't on the towel rail.

Out of all the things that I could've possibly forgotten, why does it have to be my towel?

I know she'll probably scold me if I ask her to get it for me but I just can't walk around the house naked.

"Mom!", I called but there wasn't any response. "Mom! Can you get my towel please!", Still, there wasn't. Did she go somewhere?

"Mom!", I just leaned my back against the wall and waited, but then the things that I did earlier suddenly flashed back inside my mind.

I hopped off from my unusual comfy bed, went down the stairs—Wait!
Don't we don't have stairs?

I must've just hallucinated. There's no way I really went down when we don't have a second floor and it's probably because I'm still sleepy.
That's it. No need to worry much.

All of a sudden, I heard a knock from the door. Finally! My towel's here.

I slightly opened the bathroom door, sticking out my head up to my shoulder.

"Thanks!", I looked at the towel and grabbed it, but why is Mom's hand that veiny all of a sudden?

"Why are you calling your Mom?", And why is her voice that deep?

"Mom, why is—", I cutted my own words, when I looked up and saw his face.

"Uhh...", He scratched his nape, and that's when I quickly shifted back to reality.

"Oh no, I—I'm s—sorry I—"

Wait! Didn't I removed my clothes? I quick looked down and when I did, my eyes widened as my cheeks heated in so much embarrassment.

"Really sorry!", I abruptly closed the door and leaned my back against it making sure that it's really closed.

Really!! I seriously wanna cry!!