Doubt

"Why did I think this was a good idea?" Monophanie lamented.

"But it's Mommy doing this. We can trust her," Monotaro insisted.

"I want to, but..." Monophanie said, eying Miu warily, "I don't."

"Gee, that's a great thanks to someone who removed a bomb from you without any reason when I could have just let you blown up," Miu countered.

"And seriously, what I'm doing... this can help you too," Miu insisted.

"Yeah," Monotaro backed up Miu, "So let's do it!"

Monophanie grumbled a little but she said, "Fine. But no funny business. Those Exisals are dear toys of ours. We don't want them sabotaged or destroyed in anyway."

"They won't," Miu reassured, "After all, I promised a reward, didn't I?"

The reward Miu had suggested back then was an upgrade to the Exisals, an upgrade that could give them a better leg up against Monokuma when they need to rebel against him for all the horrible things he's done.

That was the cover story anyway, and it was technically true by all accounts because what Miu was about to do will help rebel against Monokuma. 

To help them end this game.

Soon enough, Miu found herself inside the Exisal hangar after the Monokubs let her in, in front of the Exisals themselves. There, Miu started fishing for her tools that she needed to tinker with the Exisals as both Monotaro and Monophanie began talking.

"Hey, hey, what are you going to add? I want a big laser for mine," Monotaro said cheerfully.

"Yeah, and for mine, I want a flamethrower because I think it would be easier to burn things down instead of crushing them," Monophanie giggled.

"And what would you even use them for?" Miu asked, as she was examining the nearest Exisal, which was Monotaro's to at least understand the finer parts of this machinery.

"Huh? To subdue Daddy, of course," Monotaro said with a head tilt indicating confusion, "Daddy really is mean to us and it was Mommy that opened our eyes to that. And we don't want anything like the bomb done to us by Daddy again. If he's going to continue being mean to us, then I want to protect myself against Daddy."

"Yeah, I never liked the gore or this killing game. We are only doing it because of Daddy. But why should we? I actually like you and the others better than Daddy. If you could help us improve the Exisals to beat Daddy, then everyone can live happily ever after," Monophanie added.

"Oh really?" Miu asked, half listening to the conversation and half being impressed with the Exisals once again after taking a better look at them as well as fiddling here and there without them knowing. Saying it like that, she might or might not have add something to the Exisals but the Monokubs didn't need to know that. Still... lasers and a flamethrower, huh? To beat Monokuma.

It was kinda strange to hear the Monokubs going against Monokuma but even those little bear bots have their limits, Miu guessed.

Unfortunately for them, Miu did not intend to add such weapons to the already very dangerous Exisals. She obviously had something else in mind.

"Well, let's see with the laser and flamethrower... But first I need to know this bad boy up a little more..."

This time, Miu reached the cockpit of the Exisal, trying to open it and see it's mechanics. To see where and how the Monokubs command such machines! It easily opened, revealing something of a cockpit with controls. Wanting to get a closer look and a feel of the things, she got in. Despite it being for the Monokubs, it could surprisingly fit for a person.