Secrets

"What the hell was that?!" Kaito exclaimed.

'What a perfect way to sum up the motives,' Miu thought.

Surprisingly enough, everyone was silent before someone broke it.

And by someone surprising indeed.

"Aren't we going to share the motive? After all, isn't that the reason why we agreed to use them here together and so that we can overcome them?" Kiibo asked.

That seemed to snap everyone out of their reverie, the overwhelming emotion of this very brand new motive, because... it was a little different from the other motives they had so far.

Because... to Miu, it was similar to the time motive. One they couldn't ignore, one although didn't threaten the death of everyone yet... the feeling, someone will die, because the Flashback Light gave their own time limits to each person.

That time limit of a long fused bomb, to death. Where one will explode and turn one to a blackened.

She knew... because if she didn't know the Flashback Lights were lies in the first place, Miu would probably have been suckered into blackened thoughts.

Scratch that. She had blackened thoughts if not for Kokichi just staring the crap out of her making her remember what would happen if she did kill.

No more repeats, thank you.

"And why would we want to do that?" Maki asked, her voice cold cut and leaving no room for objection.

"Harukawa-san?" Kiibo asked, surprised as well as many others. Miu narrowed her eyes at Maki. It was suspicious... saying that, because that means you have something to hide.

Could it be...?

"I don't want to share anything. It would be pointless," Maki said dismissively.

"Pointless, huh, Harukawa-chan?" Kokichi chimed in, and everyone's attention was immediately towards him, where a palpable dread awaited.

That's no surprise because every time he opens his mouth, it would lead to an unsettling result. And even when Miu and Gonta knew better of him, one thing will never change: that he's a certified asshole.

"What did you say?" Maki asked, her glare... sharpening at Kokichi, so much that Miu felt like she was killed 10 times and that glare wasn't even directed at her, with others as Miu could see even shuddering, but Kokichi remained completely unfazed, just smiling languidly as he put his finger on his chin.

What a trooper.

"Nishishi. So I no longer have the right to speak my mind anymore? How terrible," Kokichi sniffled to Maki'a continued glare.

"What are you up to this time?" Maki asked, very bluntly and her eyes completely narrowed down to Kokichi in comparison to Kokichi's wide innocent eyes to her question.

A flash of something in his eyes and he smiled, "Would you like to know, Harukawa-chan?"

Miu could see the twitch of Maki's hands at that answer. The tension was too palpable that it was a relief someone finally cut it.

"Umm... umm... putting that aside," Shuichi said quickly, "I guess this time our Flashback Light finally connected the rest of our memories, right?"

Everyone quickly answered with nods as remarks were made.

"We are the participants of the Gofer Project which were against the cult."

"So the cult formed the Ultimate Hunt and that's why we are hunted down, to prevent the Gofer Project."