Could I...

"Ugh..." Miu said, as she was inventing some kind of laser gun and muttering to herself.

"Can I really be useful...?" Miu asked herself.

After the VR fiasco, and what she found out that Kokichi was doing... Miu who wanted to be useful to gain recognition... found out she wasn't really useful at all.

Miu always wanted to show the world her greatness by making a great invention, but she can't even help her classmates with said inventions? What a joke. How can she help the world when she can't help the people here?

The sooner she makes something that could potentially get them out of the killing game, the better...

So why didn't she think of doing something like this in the first place? In fact, the only reason why she invented the Electrohammers and Electrobombs was because Kokichi suggested in the first place.

'Thank God that your mind is only filled with dildos and innuendos...' Miu remembered, Kokichi's voice drifting in her mind, taunting her but Miu vehemently ignored it.

Because that's not fucking true. She's a fucking genius! She just didn't think of using her inventions to get out of the killing game was because...

Because she was scared of Monokuma! Who wouldn't be?! The thing starting the killing spree and all that. Miu was worried that if she lashed out at Monokuma in some form, she will be toast. Look what almost happened to Kaito after he blatantly went to attack Monokuma when the First Blood Perk happened. Even if it was a close call, it still spoke a whole lot of volumes. Hell no way she wanted that.

She didn't want to risk herself. Simple as that.

Yet... she could have prevented many deaths, technically, if she had invented useful gadgets as she was trying now, and they could have escaped altogether, but... Miu was a coward. What was the use of making inventions if they could potentially fail...?

Wait, no, they won't fail. She was the Ultimate Inventor for God's sake. None of her inventions failed.

No, the correct question was what was the use of making inventions which could defeat Monokuma but at the same time put everyone including her at risk if they used them to fight back against Monokuma?

Even with her inventions, there was no guarantee that Monokuma wouldn't find some way to retaliate against them. After all, the bear seemed very adamant with the killing game that he pulls so many strings to make it happen.

With that in mind, Miu just... folded, and decided everything was fine. Just stay in the Lab, hope that someone found a way to escape someday and stay low so that no one killed her.

But the murders, the executions, death... they are always near, and guess that last Flashback Light was her last straw. Because if the outside world is not safe and this place was never safe...

Then, what did it mean to escape? Miu refused to believe that there was no way that there was no such thing, and she wanted to prove it wrong with her own eyes. That's why she came up with the murder plan, but of course it's not without its own risks...

But for some reason, it seemed easier. It just looked easier than defying Monokuma in an open way.

But when plans fail and you still want to escape, desperately... basically Miu went to the last resort, risking to openly defy Monokuma with making inventions that could possibly help out in this situation, even if she still didn't trust her classmates much, still worried about betrayal... but right now... it seemed the only option. She hoped she wasn't going to die from this...

As she was lost in thought, Miu was tweaking the laser gun that she was making which has similar properties of the Electrohammers and Electrobombs. If trying to get rid of the Exisals, the Electrobombs might be OK, but not the Electrohammers. It was suicidal to go for close range attack at all, if you are risking to be torn apart by the Exisal. A long range weapon was far less riskier, giving space to dodge the Exisal, or maybe they could use it to shoot Monokuma and leave him disabled and thus defeat him...