Chapter 4: Growing Bonds

"STOP IT!!!!" Lynn cried out for mercy as a breeze blew past the Hashira and the Master.

In mere moments, Sanemi was shocked and gritting his teeth when he felt a hot and stinging sensation burning his neck. Everyone was shocked and the Hashira's all drew their blades when they saw you standing behind Sanemi, with your claws glowing green and a mist coming off your hand.

"You have no clue what real demons are. These weaklings that are swayed by human blood are nothing compared to the demons that came before your family was even thought of. If this demon girl is indeed swayed by your blood, then you will die by my poison claw, as an example of a true demon's power. If not, then she and the girl over there have just spared your life." You said as Himejima and Rengoku ran in front of the Master in defensive stances. "Now then, let's wait and see what this girl chooses to do with a vermin like you." You said as Sanemi was completely caught.

The atmosphere of the entire situation grew heavy and everyone was silent as they waited to see what the Demon girl would do. After waiting for a few more moments, the girl much to everyone's shock, especially Sanemi, turned away almost in disgust as the saliva coming from her mouth ceased. Seeing this conclusion, you stopped emitting the poison from your claws and withdrew from Sanemi as he jumped away from you to join his comrades, and as he did, the Master spoke up.

"What just happened?" The Master asked his daughters.

"The demon girl turned her back in disgust. Although she'd been stabbed three times by Shinazugawa, and despite his flaunting of his bloody arm in her face, she restrained herself and did not bite. Thus, sparing Shinazugawa-san from the poisonous claws of the other demon." One of his daughter's explained as Sanemi scoffed and you simply walked passed the slayers.

"Lord Y/N..." Lynn muttered as you walked passed her in silence and returned to the spot of the garden you were once stood in.

"So now, it's been proven Nezuko won't attack humans, right?" The Master said as everyone lowered their weapons and sheathed their blades.

"Tanjirou..." The Master called as he caught the young boy's attention. "I'm sure that even after this, there are some who can't accept Nezuko. You must prove it to them starting now. That you and Nezuko can fight as Demon Slayers. That you can be useful." He spoke in a gentle tone as Tanjirou instinctively bowed his head. "Go out and defeat a Twelve Kizuki. Do that, and you'll be accepted by all. And it will give more weight to your words." The Master said as everyone returned to their kneeling positions except you.

"I..." Tanjirou started as he rose his head up with determination. "Nezuko and I will defeat Kibutsuji Muzan! Nezuko and I will do it for sure! Strike with the sword that will stop the chain of grief!" Tanjirou said in the heat of the moment as the Master simply smiled in his direction.

"As you're ill-equipped to do so right now, Tanjirou, let's start by defeating a Twelve Kizuki, all right?" The Master proposed as Tanjirou realized what he said and grew extremely embarrassed.

"Yes, sir." Was all he could say as his entire face was red and his hair was stuck up.

"P-Pfft...! You mustn't laught! You mustn't, you mustn't, you mustn't!" Mitsuri had to bite her lip to stop herself from laughing out loud as Shinobu, Himejima, and Uzui struggled to hold back their chuckles as well.

"It goes without saying that the Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps have phenomenal skills. After training themselves to death, they have defied death, and they've also defeated Twelve Kizuki." The Master explained to the young slayer.

"Yes! A good attitude to have!" Rengoku agreed whole heartedly.

"That is why Hashira receive respect and preferential treatment. So, Tanjirou, mind your manners when you speak." The Master gave the boy a small warning.