Chapter 2: The Girl & The Demon's Promise

Flashback, Just Before The Edo Era, Play Song At Top

A dark cloud covered the skies above the land as rain poured heavily upon the earth below. Lightning crashed and thunder exploded through out the sky as the mid-day sun could barely let any light shine upon the lands. As thunder crashed and echoed once more, a small village laid silent as the villagers all stood outside of a single little wood home as the sliding door was open for everyone to see inside. Inside the home was found to be you standing still with a solemn look on your face as you stared down at the person before you.

"Y/N...?" You heard a weak voice call as you took a step forward. "Ah, you're still here...that makes me happy..." The voice said.

Down below you was a young woman with long black hair and brown eyes as the fair skin she had was stained with blood and covered in bandages. She wore a blue and white kimono and rested under a blanket a weak fire lit the inside of the home and kept some warmth within the household. As she laid there, in her hands she held onto small kimono that was colored orange and yellow checkered, and was the size if a young child. This was Rin, the girl who accompanied your father on countless journey's before as a child, all grown up, but fatally wounded as bandages covered most of her torso area.

"Hey, Y/N...What will you do after I'm gone...?"  She asked as she had her eyes closed and when she heard a clanking noise followed by the sound of a blade being drawn, she smiled weakly. "Put that blade away...Tenseiga won't be of help anymore since it's revived me once already..." She said as you were holding the fang your father passed down to you.

"Don't say such foolish things. You'll be fine. We're going to take you to a priestess who can heal you." You said to her as you went to pick her up, but she held out her hand to grab yours as you stopped in reaction.

"You really are stubborn just like your father..." She said as she turned her head towards you and smiled at you innocently. "Y/N, can you promise me something? Can you watch over my children and their children? At least until the world becomes a safer place..." She asked you.

"Rin..." You said her name under your breath as she spoke up once more.

"You know, when I was young, I always thought that dying was scary...especially since I had died, but then I was revived by your father and his Tenseiga..." She started as she turned her head back and stared up at the ceiling. "But...After dying a second time and being resurrected a second time by Lord Sesshomaru's mother, I realized death will come for me eventually...there's no escape." She said as she continued to hold your hand and you didn't pull away.

Just then, she turned towards you and tried to sit up but struggled until you helped her up. After adjusting herself to a comfortable position she took your hand once more and stared at you as you stared back.

"Hey, Y/N...Do you wish sometimes that you could be human?" She asked as you held your solemn look.

"I'm proud to be a demon, I would not think of something so ridiculous." You simply answered her as she giggled in response.

"You really are Sesshomaru-sama's son, ahahaha." She laughed alittle before stopping and smiling once more at you. "I had a human husband who sadly but peacefully passed...I had a family and I have kids who will grow up into beautiful people...but sometimes I think back to when your father left me to choose between being with humans or him, and sometimes I think I wanted to be with him. He was the only one who gave me comfort until I opened up to everyone else. I think that maybe if I had stayed with him, things would have been different..." She said as she caressed your cheek and lost herself in your eyes. "You've been by my side like I was before for with Sesshomaru-sama...I truly cherish you." Rin said as she weakly placed her hands on your shoulders and leaned in towards your face.