Chapter 19: New Possibilities Emerge

After saving everyone on the train and almost losing their dear friend Rengoku, Lynn and her friends all returned back to the Butterfly Mansion to tend to their wounds and begin their recovery to full health. Though, Lynn was a special case because of the recent change in her body due to her exposure and usage of the Tenseiga. When examined by Shionbu, the Insect Hashira was surprised when the wounds described to her by Lynn were suddenly gone with little to no traces of any injury left. Shinobu also examined closely the bodily changes that happened to her, like her sharpened nails and the white streak that ran through her hair. Without any real reason to put her for bedrest, Shinobu decided letting her train and get use to her newly strengthened body would be best. Lynn was sat on top of the roof of the nursery with the Tenseiga unsheathed as she stared at herself in the reflection.

"This is where we part ways, Lynn. I will continue this path on my own, as I intended from the very beginning. Farewell." Those words echoed through her mind as she remembered you leaving her.

"I'm a...half-demon..." Lynn muttered as she could only remember how the two of you parted ways after the train incident. "It won't be the last time we meet right? Lord Y/N...?" Her heart ached a bit as she couldn't bear the thought of never seeing you again.

"Young Lynn!" The girl's thoughts were suddenly interrupted from the sound of someone's voice as she turned to see Rengoku down below.

"Ah, Rengoku." Lynn was surprised to see the Flame Hashira as she put the Tenseiga away and stood back up. "Ha-Eh...?" Lynn jumped off the roof, but with her newly found strength, jumped too high and far as she began to fall towards the bushes near the perimeter of the house. "Uwaaaaah!!!" She screamed as she crashed into the bushes and Rengoku watched it all with a smile on his face.

"Humu! You seem like your back at full strength already. Actually, you look stronger than before."  Rengoku laughed as Lynn crawled out the bush with a few leaves and twigs in her hair.

"Blegh..." Lynn spat out a leaf from her mouth before looking up to Rengoku from the ground. "Are you leaving already, Rengoku?" Lynn asked.

"Yes. After being revived, I found my wounds already beginning to heal. There's still some serious pain and my breathing hasn't fully recovered, so I won't be taking missions for some time. Though, there's plenty of things a slayer can do when not on mission, so I'll be tending to those." Rengoku said as he noticed a strange and uneasy look on her face. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I...I'm not sure how to approach this situation that I'm in..." Lynn said as Rengoku more or less understood what she was talking about.

"About being a half-demon?" Rengoku said as she averted her gaze even more.

"I'm a Demon Slayer. I'm supposed to hunt demons. That was my duty, but..." Lynn looked down and examined her sharpened finger nail claws. "...Now, I'm a half-demon...I don't know if I'll ever be human again." She said with a hint of worry and sadness.

"But you're still human at heart." Rengoku said as she looked up to see him smiling. "Even if you've turned part demon, you still have a human heart and human emotions. This power you have shouldn't be looked at as a curse. You should look at it as you becoming even stronger, to protect the innocent from the demons who prey on them. Hold your head high, Young Lynn. You'll accomplish great feats in the future, I'm certain of it." Rengoku said while patting her on the head as she couldn't help but smile a little from his warm and kind words.

"Thank you, Rengoku..." Lynn appreciated his words to her as he pulled his hand away.

"Don't worry about it. If you ever need some help, don't be afraid to turn to me or any of us Hashira." Rengoku said before turning away and taking a few steps towards the exit. "Now then, I'm off  to fetch some records for Tanjirou. I should be back before dusk." He said as Lynn turned towards him and leaned forward to bow to him in respects.