Chapter 11: Dreams Far Out of Reach

After dispatching the first demon they encountered on the train, Rengoku lead the four slayers behind him to the next train car over to find the other demon he knew was aboard the train. While trailing behind her friends, the Tenseiga at Lynn's side was continuously rattling, as if trying to warn her of great danger. She held it close to her while continuing forward, and after sliding the door open to the next car, civilians were screaming while running by to get away as Rengoku stood at the front of the formation with a stern look while the demon propped itself off the ground using the seats and hissed an unnerving sound from its mouth.

"Oh no! There's someone trapped!" Lynn gasped as they all saw a man duck down t avoid the hand that landed on the edge of the seat in front of him as he screamed when the demon put its face right before him.

"You will not lay a finger on that man!" Rengoku called out as the demon turned back to look at him, giving a full view to everyone what its face looked like.

"How should we go about this situation?" Lynn asked as she stood behind Rengoku, while Tanjirou and Inosuke ran up to stand in front of the Hashira, on both sides of him

"Didn't you hear me? I said I'm your opponent." Rengoku taunted the demon before him as Zenitsu was hidden behind on the seats in the back.

"What the hell is it? It's got long arms!" Zenitsu said while shivering at the sight of its abnormally long limbs.

"All right! First come, first served!" Inosuke exclaimed with excitement as he charged forward with no plan.

"Hold up! We gotta save the passenger first!" Tanjirou tried to stop Inosuke.

"It won't matter once I destroy that thing!" Inosuke argued as he stubbornly continued head on with his blades at the ready, but Lynn noticed something strange going on with its body.

"Watch out!" Lynn screamed to Inosuke.

Before Inosuke could reach the demon to cut off its head, the beast suddenly let loose two tentacles from its chest, catching the boar-headed slayer off guard as he barely parried the attack. Inosuke had flipped out of its way, but was now in a position where the demon was going to grab him with its large hand. Before it could however, Rengoku moved at speeds unthinkable, catching Inosuke and sitting him down in a seat before dashing back, avoiding the appendages coming at him by ducking under and simultaneously grabbing the passenger. With one more leap, he was back in front of Tanjirou and Lynn as he stood the passenger back on his feet and patted his shoulder.

"You'll be safe in the back of the train. Go on." Rengoku said as the passenger briefly thanked him before running off scared towards the back of the train while Rengoku turned back towards the demon. "We're good to go now. Let's finish him off in short order." He said as the demon turned to face the three slayers towards the back of the train car.

The demon growled before leaping forward to attack them all, but Lynn and Tanjirou were both left to merely catch a glimpse of Rengoku before he dashed ahead to meet the demon halfway. The demon raised its hand to crush Rengoku, while the Hashira leaned down and gripped the hilt of his sword at his side while beginning his technique.