Chapter 18: Deadly Encounter

A/N: It's been a while since I updated this book, like a long while. I'm sorry guys, I've just found myself doing other stuff and didn't really have any drive to work on this book at the time. However I'm feeling more up to it so I hope that I can get more chapters out for those of you who enjoy this story. It means a lot when you guys show interest in this so I wanna be able to provide you guys a good work with this book. Also in this chapter, there are manga spoilers so if you've only seen the anime, I'm sorry but some things will be spoiled for you. Thanks for everything and all your support, until next time.

After leaving Lynn to herself and her own struggles in the future, you resumed your pursuit of Akaza as you followed the scent of his blood through the forest. Time passed while tracking the weak demon through the woods, night began to fall and the wind began to blow through the forest as his scent got stronger. Seeing this as a good opportunity, you ascended into the air and began to fly through the sky as you could see lights off in the distance as the stench of humans began to fill the air, indicating a village of sorts. While flying over the forest and gliding over the grassy plains, you spotted Akaza running through the area straight towards the city.

"He's in a rush. I guess he does not want to be late for him." You thought as you continued to chase after him.

After flying in the air for some few minutes now, you were hovering over the air as Akaza had slipped into the darkness of the city and was making his way to Muzan. Though he was out of sight, he was not out of range for your sense of smell, though another stench had filled your nostrils and you knew the scent of this all too well. Descending down to stand atop a roof of a building, you looked across the street to stare through the windows of a large manor that seemed to belong to a wealthy family. At the second story was a balcony that led to a small library in the home and there you saw Akaza knelt in front of a young boy child.

"I've finally found you, vermin." You slightly smirked with amusement as Kibutsuji Muzan was finally locked in your sights, and best of all was that he was unaware of your presence while Akaza prostrated himself before his master.

"I am here to report to you...Master Muzan." Akaza spoke as the boy turned his head towards him before his eyes suddenly changed to a strained pink-hued color and veins were visible on his face.

"Have you found what I asked for?" Muzan's voice came from the boy's mouth as the demon king glared at his subordinate while you descended on top of their roof and listened to them.

"I looked into it but came up empty. Having no way to even confirm its existence...I was unable to locate the Blue Spider Lily." Akaza reported as silence filled the air.

"...And?" Muzan asked as if there was anything else to report.

"I will continue to do my utmost to live up to your expectations, Master Muzan. As ordered, I did eliminate one Hashira, so you may rest assured." Muzan's Upper Moon Three reported as he turned his body completely towards Akaza with a calm but furious look on his face.

"You seem to have the wrong idea about this...Akaza." Muzan raised one finger and a sudden reaction hit Akaza and his muscles completely tensed and his bones trembled as he was frozen in pain. "So what if you disposed of one Hashira? AS if that were such a feat. A demon beating a human is a forgone conclusion. What I want is for the Demon Slayer Corps to be annihilated." Muzan explained to Akaza as his subordinate was suffering great pain and his veins were darkened by a cellular reaction in his body, but he did his best to tough it out to not upset Muzan as his master crushed a page in a book he held in his hands. "Pummel the life out of every last one of them and never let another one enter my line of sight again." He said while ripping out the page of the book while Akaza was beginning to leak blood from his mouth. "It's hardly a complicated task. And yet, I'm still waiting for it to happen. What do you have to say about that?" Muzan asked before suddenly tearing the book in half with a maddened expression on his face. "You boast of having killed a Hashira, but there were four other Demon Slayers there. Why did you fail to kill them off after I made a point of sending you there because you happened to be nearby? Akaza...Akaza...Akaza...Akaza!" Muzan threateningly repeated his name over and over in anger as Akaza was leaking blood from his eyes, nose and mouth and endured great pain while remaining silent due to the embarrassment he had proven himself to be. "You have disappointed me. To think that you suffered a blow by a swordsman who isn't even a Hashira...How far you've fallen, Upper Three." Muzan said while walking back to the bookshelf as the cellular reaction ceased in Akaza. "Dismissed." Was all he finished with before grabbing another book as Akaza stood back up and bowed his head before leaving.