Chapter 14: End of the Line

Play Song At Top, On Loop
Link: ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W65eq2Nohzs )

"Let's go, Demon Slayers! Time to stop this train!" Lynn yelled as she and Inosuke leaped into the air for one of their hardest battles.

After being handed an almost impossible task, Lynn leaped into the air and dived head first ack into the train with Inosuke as she and her boar-headed ally slashed all the moving flesh that approached them and the sleeping passengers.

"I'll save every last one of you guys! Fall onto your knees...and worship me!" Inosuke yelled while barging through one of the train cars door and cutting away more flesh. "Glorify me! Lord Inosuke Hashibira is comin' through!" He proclaimed himself as more pieces of flesh emerged all around him.

"HYAA!!" Lynn yelled as she barreled through the car she was in, cutting the flesh tentacles one after the other. "We're managing to keep him away from the passengers, but just barely. It helps that Inosuke's awake now, but where are Zenitsu and Rengoku? They need to hurry up before things get--!" Lynn's thoughts were interrupted when the train suddenly shook and the walls were beginning to get covered in flesh. "What!?" She gasped as the train began to violently shake under her feet and she covered one ear when the sound of the tracks screeching underneath became audible.

"Hmmm..." Lynn turned around when she felt some one tap her shoulder, and looked to see Nezuko standing behind her.

"Nezuko...?" Lynn was surprised to see the small demon girl, but returned to her senses of the situation. "Nezuko, we have to protect everyone who's still asleep. We can't allow him to touch anyone with these things." She said before growing wide-eyed when Nezuko suddenly began to grow in size and was now only about an inch taller than the demon girl. "Nezuko?" Lynn muttered as the demon girl opened her eyes and bared her sharpened nails with a battle ready look as Lynn smiled. "Let's go!" She yelled as the two dashed in opposite directions.

Nezuko growled and yelled into her muzzle while slashing and kicking the flesh tentacles into pieces while Lynn took a few more down before barging into another train car. Seeing two tentacles trying to grab a sleeping couple, she raised her blade near her head and took in a quick breath.

"Poison Breathing...First Form!" Lynn flew forward shredding all the deformed flesh in the train car and cutting down all the tentacles while avoiding any slashes on the civilians. "Toxic Spiral Vortex!" She had flew from one side of the train car and landed at the other end on one knee as all the flesh behind her began to burn and fall apart.

Lynn was huffing heavy breaths as she stabbed her blade into the floor of the train and pushed herself to her feet. Turning around while wiping some sweat off her face, she furrowed her brows in frustration when she saw new flesh forming over the burning mounds she had just cut. A few moments after unleashing the attack, she felt a headache come on and winced in pain while holding her head with her free hand. Not aware of her surroundings in that moment, a tentacle was able to sneak up behind her and began to try and wrap itself around her. Lynn gasped in shock when she finally noticed the appendage, but before she could retaliate, the fleshy tentacle was cut to shreds by Nezuko who managed to reach her. The demon girl knelt down a bit in worry of Lynn, but the slayer forced herself back to her feet with a smile.

"Thank you, Nezuko." Lynn thanked her as the two girls turned their attention back towards protecting the passengers. "Let's go!" She yelled as the two of them broke through to the other train car.

Nezuko ran ahead and began cutting at all things that were trying to grab the sleeping passengers, destroying the flesh with her claws and powerful kicks. Trying to reserve her strength, Lynn resorted herself to more basic swordsmanship skills and moved as fast as she could while still managing to perform cuts that wouldn't cause damage to the passengers around her. Nezuko cut one more flesh tentacle before turning around to see another appendage try to grab a sleeping boy. She dashed ahead and tried reaching out to grab the passenger, but instead of the appendage grabbing the sleeping boy, it turned around wrapped around her arm. Nezuko winced as it tightened around her left arm and tried to cut it away, but another appendage appeared from the floor and wrapped around her right arm, trapping her as two more slithered up and caught her ankles.