Chapter 15: Night Still Goes On

A/N: Hey guys, it's been a while. Sorry for the lack of updates, I've just been honestly absorbed in other things, and maybe absorbed in playing my current favorite game 'Elden Ring'. I've been truly addicted to that game, but I realize I have chapters to get done. Hope you guys enjoy. Thanks for reading!

"T-Tanjirou..." Spoke a weak voice through all the kicked up dust as Lynn waved her hand around trying to clear the dust from her path. "I-Inosuke...Zenitsu...Where are you guys...?" She spoke in exhaustion as she dragged a twisted ankle behind her.

Limping through the dust, things around her became more and more visible to her eyes and soon enough she walked out of the smoke to the sight of the train completely wrecked all over the area. She held her left to try and ease the pain and looked around in awe when she saw how messed up everything was. Soon enough, she saw people begin to crawl out of the train and help each other in tending to whoever was hurt. Trying to relax her breathing, Lynn stood around watching to see if she could help anywhere, but before she could head off, a voice a called out from behind her. 

"Excuse me, are you okay?" Lynn heard someone speak behind her and turned to see the young man she helped before in the train.

"Ah, it's you. Thank goodness you're okay." Lynn said with relief as the young man approached her.

"You don't seem to be in the best shape. Can I help?" The young man asked as she shook her head and smiled.

"I'm okay. I just need to find my friends. You should rest. I'll be okay." Lynn said as the young man stared at her wounds with worry.

"But..." The young man found it hard to listen to the girl in front of him as she limped over and patted his shoulder.

"It's going to be okay." Lynn said with a reassuring tone as she gave him a wide smile. "I'm pretty tough, you know?" She giggled as the young man was surprised by her attitude, but sighed shortly after.

"Haahh, alright then. However, please don't push yourself anymore than you have to. You and your friends have already done more than enough for us all. Do take care." The young man said as she nodded.

"Yeah. Thanks." Lynn said before turning the other way and limping off to find the others. "Now, where is everyone?" She muttered before walking around one of the train cars that was near the front of the train wreck.

"It's okay if that bastard dies!" Lynn turned her head to see Inosuke hunched over while supporting Tanjirou in his arms.

"It's not okay..." Tanjirou sighed to him as Lynn slowly approached the two of them.

"For once, I kinda agree with inosuke..." Lynn spoke up as the two of them turned to see Lynn walking towards them. "He stabbed you for a dream...I know he was probably being manipulated somehow, but I can't help but feel some frustration towards him." Lynnn said as she stopped behind Inosuke.

"He's got his leg stuck and can't move! His leg's shattered, and he can't walk anymore! Just leave him there, and he'll die!" Inosuke told Tanjirou as the wounded slayer laid in his ally's arms.

"Then, he's already atoned for his sin. Help him, will you?" Tanjirou asked as Inosuke was very hesitant about the idea. "Please." He asked one last time as Inosuke groaned in anger while laying Tanjirou down gently and standing up.

"Hmph! I'll go for you, then! Because I'm the boss! Because my minion asked me to! After I rescue him, I'm going to pluck out all of that guy's hair!" Inosuke said while marching off and huffing angered breaths.