Chapter 1: The Demon From Long Ago

A/N: For the sake of writing, I'm skipping about the first half of Demon Slayer and going to the point where they fight Lower Moon Five: Rui. And after that I'll be going off of mainly the manga. If you haven't read the manga, beware you'll be spoiled. Also this is super late and I am very sorry, I'm having a hard time writing as of late. I hope it's not bad and I hope you enjoy.

Timeskip, 2 Years

Two years had passed since you lost the trail of Muzan, and ever since then you've been wandering about the land subduing and slaughtering demons who knew of his location to find where he was. As of now, you were walking in the middle of the night in a dense forest on Natagumo Mountain to find the demon you had tracked down to this mountain. As you were walking, your nose picked up a strong scent.

"Blood...Human blood." You thought as you looked around and noticed the numerous amounts of spiders crawling on the floor. "Pesky insects." You said in annoyance as you merely crushed them under your feet while continuing on deeper into the woods.

As you were walking, you came across a small clearing and could hear a commotion going on nearby.

"This scent, its the same as the demon I've been following. I've found you, Lower Five..." You said as you began to walk towards the direction the scent was coming from.

After stepping a few more feet towards the commotion, you found yourself watching from the side as the demon child you were hunting toyed with a young swordsman. The human boy had fairly tanned skin and an athletic physique for the age he looked. He had black hair with burgundy tips that were pulled back to expose his forehead with a strange mark or scar on the left of his forehead. He had wide, dark eyes with white pupils as he wore the uniform of those demon hunters you encountered before, and dawned a checkered green and black haori. The blade he held however was dull and snapped nearly to the base of the blade as he was covered in cuts.

"He's barely forcing his body to move the way he wants." You thought as you turned towards the demon the boy was facing. "Lower five." You thought as you finally saw him for the first time.

Lower Moon Five, one of the twelve demons that Muzan had shared his own blood with. The demon took the appearance of a very young boy with skin as white as snow with red dots. He had light pink hair that resembled spider legs. The sclera of his eyes were red, while his irises were pale blue, and on his left eye the kanji for 'Five' was labeled in the center.

"Nezuko!" The demon hunter yelled as you noticed his gaze and followed it up towards the sky.

Looking above, strung up in the trees was a young girl who gave off the scent of a demon as her blood trickled down the spider webs that tangled and sliced the surface of her skin. The young girl had fair skin, long black hair that just reached her waist and the tips were vermilion colored. She had pale pink eyes and wore a pink kimono and white checkered obi topped with a dark brown haori. One strange thing you noticed was that she had been muzzled with a piece of bamboo as she made muffled pained noises.

"You're making too much noise. Quiet down a bit." Lower Five said to the demon girl as he raised his hand and closed it, and the webs tangling the girl tightened and sliced her skin, making her yell in pain once more.

"Stop that!" The demon hunter demanded in anger as you were perplexed by the situation.

"A demon hunter fighting to save a demon? I haven't heard of anything like that since the era I was born in, like father's half-brother and his human bride...Is she different from the idiotic demons that walk in today's time?" You thought as you continued to watch on as the demon girl, named Nezuko, passed out.