Chapter 1:Seperation and The Risk

As the dogs greeted me a good morning,I sat below the shady tree,which I do everyday.

"Artemis!Come here this instant!",my aunt calls.

"Coming aunty-"I suddenly was trailed off as the sounds of pots rattled across the entire village.Everyone dove under the table as I hoped this quake would end....soon.

*crash

"Oh dear "my aunt said.

After what seemes like an hour,but was only about three minutes the quake ended,and everyone on the half of the village I lived in was flabbergasted at the enormous pile of rubble and rock that covered the other half of the village,where Aeron lived...

"My dear villagers it seems Mt.Kame has finally given in"my grandfather,the village elder said.

"What must we do?Aeron and the others are trapped!"I said worried.

"Now,now Artemis,we will find a way to get Aeron and the others out of there"my grandfather said.

Everyone then began working to clear the landslide,but I sat there worrying for Aeron,my closest and only friend.I had to find a way to save him.....then I remembered my grandfather kept a book of spells somewhere in his room,so I rushed to find it....

So I rushed to where my grandfather's room was and searched each shelf,after thoroughly searching for a few minutes I found a dusty book which I thought was the right one.So I lifted the book onto the nearest table and blew some of the dust,and it was the right book.So I flipped through the yellowed pages as a musty smell emanated from the old book.

Finally I had found what I had been looking for:the spell to summon a dragon.I read the entire page except for a part which was blotted,but I wasn't bothered to find out what it was because I was planning to do the spell,tonight. Once night fell and everyone was alsleep I went out and brought the spell book with me.In front of the massive pile of rocks I spoke the encantation to summon the dragon.

*roar

Then everyone had awoken and screamed in horror but the screams were negated by the dragon's deafaning roar.
"Who has summoned I?Avdimi the dragon of destruction?"the dragon asked.

As I stood there shaking,I found my voice and said"It is I,Artemis,and I have summoned you so you can break the wall of rocks and rubble"I said.

"Very well,Artemis I shall break the wall of rocks,but in exchange you must give me somwthing I desire"
Avdimi said.

What!?I thought,confused,then I remembered,the part that was blotted I think it stated that a reward should be given,uhhhh how ignorant of me!

* explosion

"I have done my part,now you must do yours"Avdimi said

"I have nothing to give"I said in a voice,barely audible,but as dragons go,they're hearing is amazing and Avdimi growled in rage and said

"What,it is part of the law that you must give a reward!You think you can just break it!?Well I demand a reward and I want it,now!"

At that second,Avdimi roared and his jaws opened wide as he headed for me,an extremely annoyed and enraged glare in his eyes

I stood there regretting the risk I had taken,now I can't see my best friend again.Then before I realized it,my grandfather stood before me and I opened my eyes as my grandfather said

"Avdimi wait!Artemis was unaware of the reward that has to be given,you must give him more time!"my grandfather said,defending me.

"Very well,I shall give Artemis another chance,you have three days,on the sunrise of the third day I shall come back,and if you dont have something to give me,well you know what happens"Avdimi said

Then Avdimi left,going back to his own world,and the second Avdimi left,I was in for it...

"You stupid boy!What were you thinking!?Going into my room,and summoning a dragon!?And now we have to give him something in three days!?" my grandfather said,and everyone else either looking at me or going back inside their homes.

"We're poor how are we going to repay the dragon!?"my grandfather said,calming down,a bit.

He gestured me to go inside the house and we sat down and talked.
"Why did you summon the dragon?"my grandfather said

"I-I wanted to.....help break the rocks"I said in a very,very small voice.

My grandfather sighed and said"That was a very ignorant thing to do,think about how this affects me and the others...Artemis just please go to your room"

Ashamed,I headed for my room,and I spent the entire night cursing myself for what I has done.
"Huh?"I said waking up"Oh I must have fallen asleep"I then went out to sit under my tree,but seeing my grandfather made me remember what happened,yesterday.

I had only two days left before Avdimi would come for me...

Shaking off the feeling I gave my grandfather a little smile,he looked but ignored me.I decided it's best to leave him be,so I sat at my tree with the dogs,and I say Aeron waving to me,so I waved back,but he ignored it then I heard a man coming and realised,he called him,not me.I decided to leave Aeron be because I dont think his parents would let him see a person who doomed them all.So I just sat at the tree thinking about what to do

"Artemis!Come here,now!"my grandfather called.I responded and came to him

"What is it?"I said all positivity in me disappearing.

"I'm afraid you've doomed us all"my grandfather said,I looked at my aunt and she just looked,disappointed

"I've talked to everyone and they can't give up their livestock for Avdimi,it would mean starving them"my grandfather continued.

That was it....we were done,because of,me......
Two days passed by uneventfully and on the third day,as the sun rose my heart sank.....time's up

*roar

"So where is my desired reward?"Avdimi said

"We still dont have it....."I trailed off

"Very well,you know what's coming"
And with that Avdimi let out a roar and opened his jaws,I could only look at the impending doom I would face

Then a light flashed.....