Chapter 12:Taming Carnage

"Why did you help me?"Scepthis said as he woke up from being knocked out.

"I coudn't let you die,I saw the look in your eyes Scepthis"I said.

I was alone with him.Kaida was helping with the dead bodies so she left me to talk to Scepthis,Ruby she left again.

"So where is that dragon and girl of yours?"Scepthis asked

"Oh,well Ruby she's...uh,not here.Kaida's off somewhere"

"She's dead is'nt she?"

"Yeah,how did you know?"

"I'm the creature of carnage"

"I swear for a creature of carnage I expected you to be more-"

"What?Ferocious?You expected me not to talk and try to escape?Well,sorry to disappoint but Avdimi's death weakened all of us.Destruction can't be controlled by one creature so it was spread out into seven several creatures.Seven creatures represented Torment,Carnage,Doom,Desolation,Hopelessness,Misfortune,and the most powerful of all Fear.Now that one of us is gone the creatures of destruction,have lost their total power,and so we split up.We were chosen by Mania to counter the forces of goodness,and if we fail who knows what would happen."

"But can't you atleast stop working for Mania,and go to the good side?"

"Great idea!In fact I wonder why any of us have'nt done it for the past millenium!?Do you know the power of Mania!?The power given to the seven of us wasn't even an eighth of hers!"

"I'm trying to help you here!"

"I'm sorry to burst your bubble but i'm afraid you can't tame carnage!"

"I can if I would try!"

"Now what makes you think you would succeed"

"I don't know,but I can't afford to give up!Not when there's a chance!"

"Well boy,good luck getting through me!"

"Uhhh!"I said.I stormed off leaving behind Scepthis,I saw Kaida and only spared her a short glance,I guess she looked like she was going to say 'hi',then she looked at the place I came from and glared.

(Kaida's point of view)

"Whoa!What ticked off Artemis!?Scepthis!"I thought to myself.

Then I looked at the dungeon and glared.I am going to have one nice talk with that creature.

(Artemis' point of view)
"Uhhh!That thing sure ticked me off!I should apologize to Kaida for giving off the wrong message,later.How would I get Scepthis to listen!?"I thought to myself

"What's wrong?"Ruby asked.She appeared before me.

"Oh,want me to come with you face Scepthis again?"Ruby asked

I nodded and we came back to the dungeon.Then I heard screaming and I knew Kaida was there.I decided to wait until it was quiet and I gave the signal to wait.

(Kaida's point of view)
When I was sure that Artemis wasn't going off I came into the dungeon and I saw Scepthis,whose head was down and when I entered he raised it.

"What did you do!?"I said

"To who?Your boyfriend?"Scepthis said,calmly

I slammed my fist into the wall,it throbbed in pain but I ignored it,I was to mad to notice

"I care for him,but he is not my boyfriend!No what did you say!?"

"Oh,just a little bit of this and that"

Then I got a dagger and threw it,it just missed his face and cut off a small amount of his mane,he looked at it and looked back at me.Then Artemis burst through the door looking worried.

(Artemis' point of view)

I didn't want to eavesdrop but then I felt a force knocked into the wall.I looked at Ruby and looked back at the door.Then I heard more shouting and all of a sudden a dagger was thrown worried I opened the door and saw Kaida and a dagger which cut some of Scepthis' mane.

"Kaida what did you do?"I asked

"Threw a dagger at me that's what!"Scepthis said

"Come with me"Then I got her hand and dragged her out teh dungeon.I told Ruby everything was fine and so she left.

"What happened?"I asked holding her shoulders

"I got mad,he made fun of you"she replied looking away

"Kaida,keep your temper under control,you don't wanna kill him first do you?"I said,smiling

"What's gonna happen to the lands if your gonna saty here?"Kaida said,smiling

"How 'bout a flight so we can clear our heads?"I asked she nodded and we raced to mount our dragons.As we flew I asked her a question:

"So how are we gonna tame carnage?"