Chapter 22:The Final Battle

*roar

Scepthis and I landed at the doors of Mania's castlewe knew the plan had less chance of working,but we had to try,or die trying.

When I got off I was greeted by Mania and Baylin,leaning on the wall.

"Well,well,well Scepthis has returned with a friend"Mania said.

Baylin took a step forward but then Mania stopped him,she looked at the wall and nodded at that instant,I felt my hands being held and a blade to my neck.

Then Scepthis was held down by a humanoid wolf.

"So what brings you here?"a voice whispered in my ear.

I turned and it was Artemis,he looked different but I knew it was Artemis.

"Artemis!"I said.

He raised his eyebrow,and looked me over.

"And you are?"he asked.

My heart dropped,it was true,he was gone,so I had to knock the sense into him.I unsheathed my sword,and I said.

"Well we're gonna do this the hard way,then"I said.

Then as I lunged a dragon leaped forth,Ruby,I grinned,I knew all her weaknesses.I pretended to lunge and she tried to bite,then with the hard end of my sword I hit her head,she roared and formed a fireball,I dodged and gashed her cheek,then I was caught unaware,she hit me with her tail and sent me to the wall,I shakily stood up,then I had an idea,she had a spot between her wings that if pinched,squeezed or pulled would immobilize her,that was the only side effect of her cracked egg.So I ran and she charged,I immidiately used her head and hopped on her back,I found the spot and pinched it hard.She roared and fell to the floor.

Artemis looked at me in shock,then he unsheathed his sword,and he lunged.I was still in an advantage since I had fought with him,I knew what he would do.I dogded and I knew what would happen,he wpuld slash so I blocked him and kicked him,sending him off his balance,then I slashed,he blocked and I struck again,this time leaving a small gash on his chest,he slashed and I blocked,then I tried to punch him,then he grabbed my hand and squeezed,in pain I fell to the floor.

"A battlefireld,is no place for a girl"he muttered.

Then he turned around,I grinned,he'd still underestimate me,so I grabbed my sword and with the blunt end I hit the back of his head,he fell and I looked at his face,I held his cheek,I said.

"I know your there Artemis,please come back to me"I said.

Then the only thing I could do was hug him,I ignored everything else,then I cried,I let all the pain and suffering out.Then I heard coughing,I looked at him,but he still had different eyes,he stood up and then he fell on his knees,he gritted his teeth,and he pounded his fist on the floor then he looked up at me,I saw that his eyes were normal,then I head him shout.

"I will no longer obey Mania,I am not your minion,not before and not ever!"

Then he stood up,and stood by me,and muttered.

"I'm so sorry Kaida"he whispered.

Then I heard a groan,Ruby's immobility was wearing off,she stood and shaking her head then she flashed back to her red and black then red,then she formed a massive fireball,and as she formed it less and less black was on her body,it was like she drained the evil from her and she aimed the fireball at Mania.Then he looked at us and nodded.

Then we heard a screech....

"Scepthis!"me and Artemis said.