Chapter 4:Under Moonlight

"Artemis?Artemis!Wake up!You've been sleeping in the field,alone!"said a voice,which I later on found out was Kaida.

"Huh!?Wait what!?I thought-"I said,cut off by a certain Red Dragon,that was smiling.

"I did'nt fall asleep,I went back to the stables and left you there,thinking you'd wake up"Ruby said.

I looked at the two of them with disapproving face,and eventually I laughed,so did they.

"So what is the lesson today?Fire breathing?Agility?What?"I asked,curious.

"Nothing,that's all you need to know,just practice some more,oh and let me teach you a few techniques"Kaida said.

So we trained for the entire day,and I learned a few techniques from Kaida,and made some of my own.As the sunset,it marked the fifth day I was in tjis new world,only two more until I would face Avdimi.I ate my dinner and I went out again this time,I was alone.I almost fell asleep again,but I heard footsteps,and I turned around,instinctively.

"Hey,what're you doing out here again?"Kaida asked sitting next to me.

"Nothing,I just remembered that I had to face Avdimi in two days,that's all"I said.

"That's definitely nothing,oh!Ryuu also told me to tell you,that he wants a rematch tomorrow"Kaida said.

"Why coud'nt he tell me directly?"

"You see,dragons bound to a rider can only communicate with them,like Ryuu and Ruby,wild dragons may communicate to anyone,until they are bound to a rider"

I looked at Kaida,in the moonlight her face was illuminated,then she killed me on the inside,she leaned on me,her head resting on my shoulder,breathing a happy sigh.I had no idea how to react,so I just left her be,then I heard a roar.

"It came from the stables..."I said,then Kaida opened her eyes and looked alarmingly.

(At the dragon stables)

"What's happening,and more importantly,who caused it!?"I said.

"It's Ruby,she's having an outburst,but I thought she matured!?"Kaida said,worried.

*roar

"Ruby it's me what's happening to you!?"I asked.I could'nt get through to her,she was in too much rage.

"Ruby please,I need you to calm down!"I said.I hugged her neck,she roared and scratched,but I did'nt let go,then she looked in my eyes,and all of a sudden she calmed down.

"Good,now what happened?"I asked,now being able to reach her mind.

"Sorry for worrying you,Kaida was right,I am fully matured,but I still can't control all my elemental powers,it might take a while"Ruby said.

Then I let Ruby go and with a nod,we both left back to our own areas,I found Kaida and decided to go to the bedroom to sleep,I was exhausted!

(Dawn)

I had awakened before Kaida and decided to take Ruby out for a flight.

"Rue?"I asked,testing a nickname for Ruby.

"What?"Ruby asked seeming to agree with the nickname idea

"What really happened yesterday?"

"I got enraged yesterday,because a dragon named Noxnar said I deserved a better rider,I got mad and I let the flames burst out"

"Oh,thanks,but you did'nt need to say that,Noxnar was right,a dragon as amazing as you deserves someone better"