Chapter 21:Salem

(At the cave in Scepthis' point of view)

"So who next?"Kaida asked.

"Salem"I said.

"The scorpion right?"Kaida asked.

"The sea monster idiot"I said.

"So can I ride you,ummm,I can't yhink of what to call you"

"Before when I belonged to Mania they called me "Dasher"

"Why?"

"I used to annoy everyone by flying around"I said,laughing at the memory.

So we flew to the Celi Mangrove,where underneath,Salem laid.

"Celi Mangrove?Why here?"Kaida asked.

"No,it's the water beneath the mangrove,hold your breath."I said.

I dove and flew as fast as I could,the water hurted me,since I became part fire.When I was below the mangrove,I swam up and was greeted by an underwater cave,quickly I shook off the water and I was greeted by a voice.

"Aaaah,Scepthis,seems you've become part flame,now why are you here?"Salem asked,then he got on the rocky surface and I could make out his appearance.

He was a murky green,like swamp water.He had a massive mouth with jagfed teeth and four fangs larger than the rest,near his yellow eyes were massive fins.He had a long neck,and along his back were spines connected by skin.He had two fore arms,each ending in curved talons.His tail was much like a fish,but bigger.

"To kill you"I said,Kaida slipped off my back and landed,unsheathing her sword.

"So it is true,traitor"he snarled.

I lunged at him,I knew fire would not do anything so I had to be physical.So I gashed then I accidentally hit my self,I roared.

"Aaaah,misfortune is a beautiful thing"then I bit his neck and then he tried to shake me off,I stayed and I gashed and mauled.I had shouted.

"Kaida,go!"

Then she sprang into action,she slashed at his critical parts,his spine,his talons,his tail fin,and as he aimed for his head,he turned and instead she hit me,on the back,I roared and fell to the water.I managed to gulp air before I felt a stinging sensation on my chest,I screamed.

(Salem's Lair in Kaida's point of view)

"Kaida,go!"those words sprang me into action with my sword.

I decided to hit him in the critical parts,so I slashed his spine,his forearms,and his tail fin.I jumped and aimed for his head but at the last second he turned and I hit Scepthis' backside.He roared and I saw his limp body fall into teh water,I looked back and in anger,I slashed him thrice across his face,he fell but then his fangs fell onto Scepthis then he screamed.As Salem's power was being drained I removed the fang,then Scepthis said pausing after each word.

"Kaida.....the only way........to,save,me.......is to take me.........to.......Lillin.......he'll help.........he........owes........me"

"Where's Lillin?"I asked,desperate.

"Right here"a voice said,then I made out a massive bug.

He was black and had two long fangs protruding from his mouth.He had four arms,each ending in sharp pincers.He had four hard plates running down his chest,his hindlegs were little and just enough to carry him.His tail ended in a spear like Alazel's but was tipped with poison.

"I saw everything,there's no need to lie Scepthis"he said,leaning his head down right above Scepthis.

"You have to help him"I said.

"It is right,I do owe him,and helping him would betray Mania"Lillin said,lifting his head back up.

"Please!Kill me,do what you want but you have to save Scepthis!"I said,shaking his chest part.

"And betraying Mania would be......great!That girl is insane!"he said,his eyes sparkling.

"Here old friend"he said then he lifted his spear like tail and stabbed him.After he did Scepthis breathed and flew up.

"Thanks,and ouch"Scepthis said,landing on the cave floor.

"Scepthis do me a favor"Lillin asked.

"Sure,what?"he replied.

"Kill me,Mania will find out and who knows what she'd do!?Death is better,honestly"Lillin said,grabbing Scepthis' tail over on his neck.

"Very well old friend,thank you"

Then he stabbed his sword in his neck and let go when he knew he stopped breathing.

"Rest in peace"Scepthis muttered.

"We should bury him,unlike the others he helped us"I said.

"Very well"Scepthis muttered.

So we buried him under the biggest Celi tree,Scepthis suggested this so I agreed,I had packed up my things and came back,I gently placed my hand on his cheek.

"Time to go"I said,softly.

He nodded.

(In Mania's castle)

"Mania!Salem and Lillin are down!"Baylin said.

"So Zegonn didn't deter them ,very well where are they now?"Mania asked.

"Their coming here,what will we do?"Baylin asked.

"Let them come"Mania replied.

Baylin nodded and two figures in the shadows heard everything.

(On Scepthis' back in Kaida's point of view)

"Kaida,when we get in Mania's castle,do not hesitate to attack Artemis or Ruby.They aren't there,remove all emotion and treat them as enemies,do not give in to any temptation"Scepthis said.

I nodded,and we flew in silence,to the final battle...