Chapter Twenty-Three

Hello everyone! I know how frustrating it must have been waiting for these chapters to appear. Thank you all for waiting so patiently, I could have not done it without your encouragement and support. ❤️ I want to personally thank @silversky_ for sending me that one message a while ago that encouraged me to continue with this story! All my love goes to you 💕 I promise from this chapter on things will also become clearer and the plot will slowly unfold, I don't want the book to turn into a cliche or just a common romance book!

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! 😊

———————————————————————

The shattering of glass against cement and the roaring of voices had neighbours clambering out of their houses to see what the commotion was.

'Isn't that coming from Brother Ahmet's house?' They looked at one another, gossiping to each other about all sorts of contemptuous things. Well, it was late into the evening.

There were shattered pieces of glass on the floor, Rayhan's knuckles were wrinkled with red crimson but he couldn't feel anything. Nothing resonated more than the pain within his own heart.

The old man was in tears, rummaging the cupboards for a bandage all the while startled at his son's behaviour.

This isn't who he had raised.

Should he have opened up about the past? But seeing his son so hurt and sad, he had to tell him the reason behind it. The reason he was caught up in this mess and it wasn't his poor son's fault.

Ahmet could see the pain in his son's eyes; the memories of the past and when he was only a small tot, replaying fast within his mind.

But the memories after that? He tried so hard to erase.

He was scared his son would go back to his old ways.

'How could you have lied to me all this time?' Rayhan's eyes were bloodshot; drained of the tears he'd been shedding for days.

First of all, the love of his life was gone, engaged, due to be married. He had lost her the moment he set his eyes on her. His love was just that, a silly crush that stemmed from his idiot soul.

And now, his own father betrayed him, lied to him this entire time.

He really was a fool.

'You knew who she was! You didn't say a thing!' Rayhan barked at his dad in pure contempt. He blamed his father. This man who he looked up to all this time, had his own secrets, shielded away from his son for years.

'Son, you do not know the full story.' The old man croaked, still fumbling for the bandage with his shaky hands. He knew the past like the back of his hand, he was shocked when Hayat came to help him that day and realised who she was as soon as she was gone.

'You were in love with her mother!' Rayhan spat, his voice only seemed to get louder. He never would have imagined shouting at his father like this. The man that he revered, respected and that encouraged him since he was young. But his mother? She was a poor woman who was never loved and not once did she show an ounce of sadness to Rayhan.

The old man froze at those words, he dropped the bandage to the floor at the mention of her.

'Son, I have been through too much loss in my life. You won't learn until you control this anger of yours.' The old man turned to Rayhan and looked at him with teary eyes. 'There is so much more to the past than you know.' His heart still ached to this day yet his son had no idea why.