Chapter Twenty-Two

A/N : Hello everyone, I sincerely apologise for such a long long wait till the next chapter. I hope you guys will like this one. Made it extra long just for you. Thank you all for your amazing comments and votes especially ayslet for always encouraging me and being an amazing friend. ❤️  On with the story then!!

***

Her dress was white, tight, embellished, sticking to her every curve; she felt the least bit comfortable and everyone that evening could sense it. Her in laws gloated at how beautiful she looked only because they chose the dress. Her dreams were shattered, the dress she loved, she desired to wear was still hanging on the door of her wardrobe; her mother's dress. She had so desperately wanted to forget the events of the evening as she stared out her window into the darkness of the night.

Tears pricked her eyes, she felt as if she had no control over her sad life, what had it become? A once lively, independent, hard working woman was now forced into a marriage with a man she didn't even know. Her dreams fell from the sky in shattered crystals all over her bedroom floor. And she felt hopeless. Who had she wronged so terribly in her life that now the same was happening to her?

Oh, but there was one... The man she loved, how easily did she wrong him, stinging him with rejection, slighting him with her words. She felt a wave of frustration wash over her, she itched all over, fumbling to find the zip to this obscene dress, scratching at it she ripped the fabric that half covered the small of her back. She let out a big huff, and threw her hands on the cold windowsill. This wasn't like her at all. And more so, with the silence in the air and her conscience talking back to her gone, she felt a presence in her dim-litted room.

The footsteps were only growing louder, but she knew who it was. And she really did not want to speak to him right now. She covered herself with her scarf as much as she could.

'Father, could this wait until the morning? I really don't feel like talking to anyone right now.' Hayat's voice trembled, with frustration and sheer anger. Although, she sadly knew her place. She was the obedient daughter her father once adored and loved. But he wasn't one to be wronged or treated with disrespect.

But he didn't say a word, instead two warm large hands fixated on either side of her shoulders and she knew at once that wasn't her father. He stepped closer to her until she could feel the heat radiating from his chest against her back. There was only a thin fabric separating her from flesh and her naked back.

He bent down slowly until his mouth almost touched her ear, and whispered.

'You looked absolutely beautiful tonight,' His hands ran up and down her arms, 'I had to see you one last time.'

She was frozen to the spot, she didn't know what to say or do. Was he allowed to touch her like this now they were engaged, was this even a real engagement when in her heart she knew it was forced? She shuddered at his touch and how much she could feel the heat only increasing in his palms.

'Please, stop Adam.' She tried to turn but she couldn't, somehow she felt her feet glued to the floor. She was shaking, in her fingertips all the way to her tippy toes. As she tried to move out of his grasp and shrug his hands away, the scarf came undone and the small of her back was bare in front of him. Her eyes widened with panic, her cheeks rose with every shade of red. And all she could hear was a gasp, not from her end.

He stepped just a little back, staring in awe at the small piece of nakedness showing from the dress he chose. His hands tightened on her shoulders, oh how much he wanted her, needed her, craved her. She was so beautiful, in every way and it took everything in his strength and power not to take her home that day, to his bedroom... Afterall, she was his now, nothing could change that and in just a few days, she would be his wife and there would be no barriers separating him from showing her just how much in love he was with her since the time he layed eyes on her at the hospital.