Chapter 11 - Oh to be hot

Edit: when you realise you're a complete idiot who knows nothing about basketball and you have to go back to change things

Alex's POV

I'm already in the basketball court, practicing some shots as we wait around for Coach to get there. I see Jason storm in through the door and crossing the court, going straight to the changing rooms, he was shaking his head as he walked by. I stopped what I was doing to stare after him, I guess the conversation didn't go well.

I got a weird feeling at the back of my neck, as if someone was watching me. I looked around to find the culprit, my eyes scanned over my teammates all busy laughing in their own little groups and I moved on to the bleachers. There were usually some people who staid after to watch their friends or wait for their ride, or in my case, some fangirls. Giselle, one of the girls who had been coming to watch me practice religiously since the beginning of senior year, waved, giggling as she flipped her hair over her shoulder and her friends next to her blushed when I winked at them, they started whispering to each other.

Oh to be hot, if I had long hair I probably would have flipped it over my shoulder too.

I smiled smugly and continued to scan the bleachers – although I knew Giselle and the others were probably the ones watching me, I still had a weird feeling. My eyes widened as they landed on Blake, who had a brow arched at me, he looked over at the girls then back at me, with a sigh he stood up and started making his way to me. I gulped, frozen in place, a blush rising to my cheeks.

I hadn't been able to look Blake in the face the whole day, I'd done my best to avoid him whenever I could and I barely managed to escape him at lunch. After Jason left – the little prick – I started talking loudly to attract the attention of the others at the table so I didn't have to talk to Blake alone. Whenever I looked at him, memories of what we did would flash through my mind – the soreness I felt and the smug smile on his face also didn't help. How could I have just let that happen? I mean it's not like I'm totally a macho man and very hung up on my sexuality but I've always identified as a very straight manly man. I never even looked at men before this happened... Well not too much.

Okay maybe sometimes I peeked, but that was just normal curiosity, right? I looked at Blake as he came down the bleacher stairs, his gaze trained on me, never straying. God, he was so hot.

Alex, no, come on, don't think about a guy like that! And with that thought, thus ensued a totally normal, healthy debate with myself in my head.

Are you really gonna get hung up on that now? You were literally begging him to fuck you harder last—

Alright! I get the point, but it's not because I slept with him one time that I'm suddenly attracted to him, right?

One time? One time wouldn't have broken the bed!

Ah, alright, I get it! But still! It was purely physical, nothing's changed!

Nothing's changed, huh? Why is your heartbeat picking up then?

My heartbeat is not—

'Hey,' Blake said as he reached me, he leaned forward slightly, given how he was taller than me and standing on the last step of the stairs.

I flushed, 'H-hey, hi dude,' Nice, very smooth of you, dumbass! Alex, shut the hell up! I shook my head, Blake giving me a strange look I immediately ignored, looking the other way, 'W-w-what's up?' I asked nervously.

'What's up is that you've been very naughty today.' He said, his face stern but his eyes burning with the same fire he had in his eyes when we slept together.