Chapter 13 - Full of surprises

Alex's POV

I woke up a few hours later, Blake still brushed my hair with his fingers absentmindedly. His movements stopped as I stretched, yawning and groaning. I moved my head so that I was staring up at him, our eyes met.

'Oh, hi Blake.' My voice came out sleepy as I started to draw small circles on his chest distractedly.

He gave me a small smile, 'Hey,' His smile faded as he looked away, sighing. He suddenly looked... Sad?

'What's wrong?' I asked, starting to worry. Had I said something in my sleep? Was I crushing him with my body? What was it? And why the hell am I so desperate to get that smile back on his face?

He shook his head, 'It's nothing, I was just thinking...' Another sigh, 'Why did you suggest I ask Danny out?' I paused my movements before starting again.

'You don't seem like the type of guy who'd hurt him and he needs that. Besides, what are you getting out of this situation we're in right now? Apart from sex, there's not much you're gonna gain here, so why not give it a shot with someone who's likely to like you back?'

'You don't think you're likely to like me back?' He placed a hand on my cheek softly, gazing into my eyes.

I paused again, 'I mean, if we look at the facts: I'm straight, I've told you that a million times, and now you're holding those pictures you have of me over my head so I'll have sex with you for a month. I don't think your chances are looking good.' His hand fell away from my face.

'Right.' He motioned to leave the bed. 'I really don't know what I was expecting here.' I confusedly leaned on my elbows, moving my head off of him as I watched him get up and get dressed.

'Wait, what's going on?' I asked, confused as he shrugged on his boxers.

'What's going on is that I feel like a jackass. I mean I knew you wouldn't all of a sudden fall hopelessly in love with me, but you don't think you feel anything at all for me?' He paused, looking at me expectantly and I frowned.

'I told you I wasn't gay, what were you expecting?'

He laughed bitterly, 'You're right, Alex, what was I expecting?' He proceeded to dress quicker now.

'Wait, you're leaving?' I sat up, furrowing my brows at him.

He looked at me exasperated, 'I can't really stick around after you just flat out rejected me, even I have some sense of shame.'

'So, does that mean I'm free from our month commitment?' I rushed to the end of the bed as I too put on my underwear as he put on his jeans.

He shot me a dark look, pausing briefly, 'No.' He sighed, looking away but then meeting my gaze again, 'Alex, I am genuinely into you, and I know my methods for approaching you were slightly... Unorthodox.' I snorted, 'But I am interested in you. So, after having incredible sex and cuddling for hours, you still say there's not even a possibility you'll ever like me back? Even if I don't believe that, I still need a bit to recover from that crushing rejection – thanks for that by the way.' For some strange reason, I just really didn't feel like being alone.

I stood up, moving closer, 'No, come on, Blake, don't go!' I whined, pulling him to me by the front of his jeans. He looked to the side, as if trying to avoid me, which prompted me to shyly peck his cheek as I put my arms around his waist – I didn't know why, but at that moment I'd do anything for him not to leave, even if that meant being the one to kiss him first. I felt him giving in when he met my lips with his.

'You are so confusing, Alexander.' He sighed as I hugged him. He pushed me away enough so that our eyes met, 'Wait, you're not just trying to convince me to stay so you don't have to cook, right?'