Chapter 2 - So not gay

It had already been two weeks that Blake had been in the school. He had already gotten quite famous. He joined the football team almost in the same week he joined the school. I tried to avoid him but the football team and the basketball team mostly sat together at lunch, so there wasn't much I could do to avoid him. He hadn't tried anything ever since that day. In fact, he barely looks at me. Not that it bothers me. It doesn't. I'm happy to be free of him.

It was lunch and he was sitting right in front of me, sipping his Coke, a girl sitting in his lap and his arm snaked around her waist, she was whispering something in his ear to which he just grinned maliciously. As soon as our gazes met, I looked away. He was quite the player as well. He had already been with so many girls. They found him mysterious and sexy for some reason. Not that it bothered me. I had been with quite a few girls myself. It didn't bother me. I just thought he was gay. Then I saw him with girls and he never hit on me or any other guys. Once, I asked him and he just smirked and said "Why? Interested?". I just rolled my eyes and walked away.

'Guys, tomorrow, party at Sanderson's house, who's going?' One of the guys from the football team, Mason, asked, looking around excitedly. Everyone's face lit up. Sanderson's parties were the best. He had this huge house and somehow, there was always a few kegs.

There was a chorus of celebrations and I looked around uncertain. I looked at Jason and he had an eyebrow raised as if asking "Are you going?" I shrugged and arched a brow, "Are you?" he shrugged.

'Are you going?' Blake asked staring straight at me. I shrugged.

The brunette next to him kissed her teeth. 'You should be asking me if I'm going,' She said annoyed.

Blake laughed. 'If I cared, I would have asked,' he shot back and she scoffed, getting up from his lap.

'You're a dick, Blake' She said, walking away.

'And you're a slut, Suzie,' He said casually, eating his food and brushing his leg. 'Better make sure I didn't catch any STDs,' he joked and I chuckled. He looked at me and smiled, I blushed and looked away.

For no reason.

No one noticed that small interaction. They were all too busy talking about the party tomorrow. I stared at Blake for a while and he stared at me.

Danny sat next to me and I looked away from Blake, 'There's a party?' He asked excitedly, I nodded, 'Are you guys going?' He asked me and Jason, we shrugged, 'Oh, we are so going,' Danny affirmed. I looked at Jason and back at Danny, unsure, 'We're going,' Danny stated again, a warning tone to his voice.

*

I spent the rest of lunch with my friends, deciding who the designated driver would be. Danny offered, but he was most definitely getting drunk. We decided to just get a cab after the party. It didn't really matter, I didn't feel like going anyway, I was probably just gonna cancel last minute, probably tell them my mom wanted me to do something around the house. I went to the rest of my lessons as normal and then went to the court, practicing a few shots, I wasn't the captain of the basketball team for no reason. After I went to the locker rooms and took a long needed shower.

I sighed as the warm water hit my bare back. It was so relaxing against my muscles. After I was finished, I wrapped a towel around my waist and moved toward my stuff. I put on my jeans and was drying my hair when I heard footsteps.

'Look who we have here,' Blake said, leaning against a few lockers. There was a towel hanging dangerously low from his waist, his skin still dripped with water, his defined abs and his V line in display until it disappeared under the towel.

'Uh, hey Blake,' I said and was putting my stuff away, I avoided looking at him. More specifically at his body. Not that I cared or anything, I just wanted to know who I was competing against.