Opening: Caste Room by ZAQ

Kirari chou ga tonde tta
Twinkling, a butterfly takes to the air

Flapping it's wings to the beat, a neon blue butterfly flutters into the sky.

Sunabokori ga daichi ni mau
A dust cloud dances across the Earth

As it tries to go higher and higher, it hits an invisible ceiling and begins to fall.

Haruka kanata soredemo sora ni akogareta
Though the sky may be far away, it still longed to reach it

The butterfly descends to the beat, crumpling up as it lands in Yuuto's hand.

Niramedo hoshi wa ochinai
Glaring at the stars won't make them fall

Immersed in darkness, Yuuto looks up to see where it came from.

Dou yatte tsukamaeyou?
So, how shall we catch them?

As he lifts his head up, a set of warm stage lights flash before him, illuminating the room upwards.

Kono basho kara
From all the way down here

It reveals that, from where Yuuto is standing, he is actually stuck at the bottom of a large staircase that extends high into the sky.

Like the butterfly trying to gain freedom, he is trapped in the "caste room" of GEN Academy.

(Instrumental)

On the bottom of the stairs is Yuuto, who looks over his shoulder.

On the first stairs are Matsushita and Alice, who have their backs turned on Yuuto.

On the second stairs is Zyriot, who looks up at Suzune.

On the third stairs is Suzune, who looks down at Yuuto.

On the fourth stairs is Ichinose and Machida, who are both looking up at Ryouta.

On the fifth stairs is Ryouta, who looks up to Shimada, and Senzaki, who has her back turned.

On the sixth stairs is Mai, who looks down at Yuuto, and Suzui, who looks up at Oozora.

On the seventh to ninth stairs are the shadowy figures of 2-D to 2-B students.

On the tenth stairs is Oozora, who is looking down at Mai and Suzui.

Toozakaru gunjou no shita de byoudou ga wana wo haru
The ultramarine above grows distant as equality sets a trap beneath

On the eleventh stairs is Itteki, who looks off to the side.

On the twelfth to fourteenth stairs are shadowy figures of 3-D to 3-B students.

Heya ni hari ga ochiru
Needles fall all around our room

On the fifteenth stairs is Shimada, who starts off with his back turned, but turns to look down at Ryouta and Yuuto.

On the sixteenth stairs is Kaido, who starts off looking straight ahead, but turns to look down at Yuuto.

On the seventeenth stairs is Kurosaki, who looks straight ahead.

Hikage to hizashi majiwari entoropii ga michiteku
Shade and sunlight blend as entropy comes to fruition

On the eighteenth stairs is Kishou, who gazes at the sky longingly.

On the nineteenth stairs is the Headmaster, who looks down at everybody.

On the twentieth and final stairs is the School Director, shrouded in pitch black.

Seigenteki jiyuu no naka de kimi wa dou ikiru no ka tte
Almost as if asking you how you'll choose to live

In the midst of the pitch black darkness, Yuuto as a child springs up. A prison made up of a web of chains is formed around him, before a set of jail bars drop in front of him.

Towareta mitai da
With limited freedom

He stares apathetically between the bars, before growing up into his current self and breaking free from the prison he was trapped in, an oversized claret sword tightly gripped in his right hand.

Step By Step sukoshizutsu
Step by step, bit by bit

In rapid succession these events happen: Yuuto stares down at Matsushita; Mikitaka butts heads with Machida; Suzui and Itsuki is giving chase.

Tsukamitorunda hikari wo
Take hold of the light!

Yukina sits down next to Kouji; Yuuto looks up at Mai; Ichinose and Suzune clash.

Henka wa kowakunai shinka wo togeyou
Change isn't scary, so complete your evolution

Yuuto pins Alice to the wall; Kawaguchi lashes out at Tadokoro; Kaido's Pr balance goes down by 10 million.

Haiagaru nando demo
We'll crawl back up as many times as it takes—

The scenery returns to the "caste room" from the beginning, where the butterfly in Yuuto's hand slowly gets up and begins to fly again.

Sora wa itsudemo matteiru
The sky will always be waiting

This time, it shatters the invisible ceiling of the sky when it reaches it, gaining its freedom as it dances above the island of GEN Academy.

Bokura wa chikyuu tte heya wo aruku tabibito
We're travellers, walking across this room called "Earth".

With his back turned, Yuuto takes his first step up the stairs.