- Part 3

The four of us returned to E Class, where things had finally calmed down. The crowd had been dispersed and the only people left in the room were Yukina and Ayano, who were standing at the doorway.

"Yuu! You're back!"

Yukina was initially cheerful when she saw us return, but as we drew closer, her face grimaced.

"It didn't go well, I presume...?"

Taiga shook her head no. Sakigamiya crossed her arms and sighed.

"Jeez, I wonder what gave that away."

"Alice-chan... your face! What happened?!"

Yukina gasped in shock at Sakigamiya's bloodied cheek.

"That idiot Machida slapped me, that's what! I can't believe he had the audacity to hit me!"

"Not only did he hit Alice-chan, but he also hit Nora-chan too." Taiga said.

"Then that disgusting pervert Ritaka grabbed me and threatened to grope me! I hate him so much...!"

Sakigamiya continued to vent her frustrations to Yukina, with Taiga adding context where necessary. Meanwhile, me and Mikitaka approached Ayano, who acknowledged us with a nod.

"Where did everyone go?" I asked.

"The crowd got dispersed when I brought Chabashira-sensei here to sort out the situation."

That's probably how Mikitaka got her attention. She was already close by when he called her name out into the corridor.

"She said that we'd have to temporarily move to a classroom in the special wing and that she'd handle following up on this later. However, for this homeroom session, all the 1st Years are going to the hall for an assembly. You can head there now if you want."

"Do any of you know where Isogai-san is? I need to talk to him."

Turning to us, Sakigamiya rudely cut in in the middle of Ayano's explanation.

"I don't know where Matsushita-san is, sorry."

"If you don't know, then don't answer. What are you even doing here still? I can handle things from here."

"Chabashira-sensei asked me and Kazuraba-san to stay here and explain to anyone coming to class the situation. That's all."

"Right, well, you can go now."

Ayano raised an eyebrow.

"But you don't know what she asked us to tell everyone?"

"Yukina-san can fill me in on the details later. You can... I don't know, go and run along with Mikitaka-san and Takanori-san now, okay?"

"Yeah, let's go to the hall, Ayano-san, Takanori-san."

Mikitaka, recognising the rising tension between Sakigamiya and Ayano, tried to diffuse the situation by taking Ayano out of the heat.

"Sure thing."

I also wanted to avoid a conflict, so I agreed with Mikitaka to force Ayano to come with us.

"Kazuraba-san, you make sure to properly tell Sakigamiya-san everything."

"Don't talk down to either of us like that, please? I'm sure she will."

I chalked Sakigamiya's current rudeness to her being upset from what happened in B Class, but I wasn't sure why she was so passive aggressive towards Ayano outside of him not participating in class much.

"Don't worry about it Ayano-san. Thanks for your help!"

"You're welcome."

Ayano smiled at Yukina. I think this was the first time I've seen him express himself.