Chapter 6: Oozora's Trial

Saturday, 20th June.

It was finally the weekend. While most students would be sleeping in because it was their day off, I woke up early as usual to do a morning workout with Shinomiya, as it was part of her routine.

On the weekends, she did an hour of exercise starting from 7am. I knew this because she had forwarded her daily schedule to me so we could meet up during those times.

I'll admit, I've enjoyed my time here at the gym more than I thought I would because of Shinomiya. I've been here a couple times by myself before, but it's just not the same as when I'm with her.

"Phew... good work."

After finishing our reps and taking a shower to clean the sweat off our bodies, Shinomiya patted my back rewardingly.

"Thanks... you too."

We made our way outside and sat on a bench, letting the hot summer heat naturally dry our hair. Despite seeing her with loose hair before, I still wasn't used to seeing Shinomiya without her iconic braid.

"Ah... this is nice. I wish this moment would last forever."

While relaxing on the bench, Shinomiya sighed in bliss, taking in how peaceful the morning was.

"...me too."

I also didn't want this to end. I wanted to stay by her side for longer.

"After this, do you want to get breakfast from the konbini?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah... sure, that sounds fine."

I'll probably just end up buying some cup ramen and call it a day. I've been running low on stock recently, I wonder why.

"Great!"

Shinomiya smiled, beginning to tie her loose hair back into it's usual braid.

"...that looks really difficult."

I'd offer to help, but I would just get in the way since I don't know anything about styling hair. All I do in the morning is comb my bed hair, and that's it, I'm ready for the day.

"Oh yeah, it can be a real pain sometimes, but after doing it for so many years, I've gotten used to it."

Shinomiya laughed, continuing to weave together her silky blonde hair skilfully.

"By the way, Shinomiya-senpai... I want to talk to you about something."

"Hm? Is something on your mind, Takanori-san?"

"Yeah..."

Before continuing, I looked around to see if her stalker was nearby. I couldn't see or sense anybody, so I figured it was safe. Just in case, I also lowered my voice.

"Yesterday, I bumped into Oozora-senpai."

"Oh? Did you mistake him for Suzui-kun again?"

Shinomiya teased me gently, but stopped seeing my serious face. Instead, she changed the question.

"Did something bad happen between you two?"