- Part 8

To go home, me and Yukina took the train back to the Drachma Red dorms.

We headed to my room to hang out for a bit until it was time for her study group to gather in the dorm lounge at 7pm.

"You should join us once in awhile, Yuu."

"I don't really need to revise though..."

"Even if you don't feel like it, it's better to brush up on your knowledge and be safe."

"I guess. Maybe I'll join you guys if I feel like it."

"Aw, couldn't you join just for me?"

"If you ask nicely, maybe."

Walking ahead of me, Yukina clasped her hands together and looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Yuu... would you please join my study group this evening? Pretty please, with a cherry and sprinkles on top?"

Tempting me with a coquettish voice, Yukina implored me to join while tilting her head cutely.

"It would mean the world to me."

Woah, this was getting dangerous. I could probably ward off the first line, but this second line made me feel wanted by her in specific.

"Uh... well..."

Before I could give her a proper answer, Kouji's dorm room came into view, distracting me.

"Yuu?"

Noticing my fixed gaze, Yukina looked over in the same direction I was.

"Sorry, let me just take care of something quickly. This will probably take only five minutes."

Yukina raised an eyebrow at me, but followed nonetheless. As usual, I knocked on Kouji's door multiple times in hopes of a response.

"Kouji-san, it's me, Takanori, again."

I continued to knock his door. At this rate, I could probably create a rhythm out of how fast I was doing it. Yukina simply watched, slowly catching on what I was trying to do.

"Are you trying to talk to him about the Minanohara incident?" She asked in a low voice.

"Yeah. This is my third attempt now."

My knuckles were getting sore, so I gave it a break for a bit.

"Kouji-san still hasn't responded?"

"Nope."

"Even when you've been knocking that hard?"

"He's either a deep sleeper or wearing noise cancelling earphones."

It was probably the latter, since Kouji always carried earphones with him at school. If that was the case, there was nothing I could do about it except try more forceful methods next.

I didn't want to resort to such drastic measures so soon though, so I continued to be civil and carried on knocking his door to try and eke out a response from him.

Surely, after so many failed attempts, he'd get fed up by my persistence and tell me to stop sooner or later. If I could do that much, then it meant it wasn't impossible for me to draw him out.

However, if Kouji still refused to answer the door, that meant he was either actively ignoring me, or he simply didn't care enough. Unfortunately, both reasons fit his personality.

After five minutes of continuous knocking, I decided to stop.

"Alright, that's all. Sorry about that."