Omake: Character Decks

Chabashira-sensei: Welcome to my extra lesson on the analysis of other character's Vanguard decks. I'll be presenting the decks used in this volume, and give my commentary on them. Deck statistics are also included, graded from E- to A+. An explanation for each category is provided below.

Consistency: Refers to drawing, searching, deck thinning, etc. Anything to increase getting into your win condition more often.
Power: Refers to power, critical, number of attacks, etc. Anything to attack the opponent with an increased edge in battle.
Recovery: Refers to resource management, recycling cards, levelling the playing field after falling behind, etc. Anything to close the gap between you and your opponent if you are losing.
Protection: Refers to shield, retiring, binding, etc. Anything to protect yourself from your opponent through various means of disruption.
Versatility: Refers to the various lines of play the deck can make, what different strategies it can utilise, how it deals in niche situations, etc. Anything that the deck can do in any number of given situations, and how well it can adapt to it.

The codes next to the deck name refer to the set they come from. V-CD stands for V Character Deck. V-LD stands for V Legend Deck. V-BD stands for V Booster Set (i.e built from the set).

V-LD03: Crossing BOUNDARIES, a Timeless REVOLUTION "Mikushicha Rina"
Imaginary Gift: Force I
Ephermal Reform: If your hand has zero cards, your opponent puts all of his or her rear-guards on the bottom of his or her deck in any order.

Grade 0
1x Chrono Tigar (Starter) §
4x Steam Bomber, Digul (Critical)
4x Ring Ring Worker (Critical)
4x Steam Guard, Kastilia (Draw/Sentinel)
4x Steam Maiden, Uluru (Heal)

Grade 1
3x Chronotooth Tigar §
4x Steam Maiden, Ribbul
4x Curiophase Dragon
2x Steam Scara, Gigi

Chabashira-sensei: Since Chronofang is a deck that discards a lot, you can mitigate any minuses by dropping Chronotooth, Ribbul, or Gigi, since they all recur from drop zone. As an additional benefit, all three of them convert into draws afterwards, meaning you can actually plus. The only change I'd make is taking out one Curiophase for one Chronotooth.

Grade 2
4x Chronobite Tiger §
4x Steam Breaker, Dudu
2x Steam Maiden, Ishbie
2x Steam Sweeper, Nahram

Chabashira-sensei: Chronobite and Dudu are your main attackers, gaining critical and power each respectively. Ishbie helps refill your hand and Nahram is good to push for game thanks to his Battledore skill.

Grade 3
4x Chronofang Tiger §

Grade 4
2x Chronotiger Rebellion
1x Interdimensional Dragon, Chronoscommand Dragon (Avatar)
1x Interdimensional Dragon, Time Leaper Dragon

Chabashira-sensei: Chronoscommand Dragon is an extremely powerful first stride, being able to return triggers you call early and refill the entire board. His on hit is just as powerful, punishing opponents who rush you and pressuring the opponent to guard early, which could potentially restrict their counterblast next turn or eat a substantial amount of their hand. Chronotiger Rebellion is the main finisher of the deck, and it's ultimate skill of reducing all your opponent's shield by 5k should be timed carefully for maximum impact, otherwise you'll end up dying next turn for having no cards in hand to guard with.

Consistency: B+
Power: A-
Recovery: E+
Protection: D-
Versatility: D
(37)

Chabashira-sensei: Unfortunately, the main issue of this deck is it's quality of attack is simply subpar to what other Force decks can do, including its other counterpart in Gear Chronicle, Chronojet. While it has a strong endgame, it's not good enough to justify constantly shrinking your hand size for it - that being said, at least with the Skill, it becomes more tolerable in a defensive pinch.