- Part 15

"Promising Knight, David!"

"First Aid Celestial, Peniel!"

Alice's eyes widened as she saw my starter.

"Wait... Shadow Paladin? When did you...?"

"Just like Yukina and Akihiro-san, I also decided to change decks."

It was the first time I was showing anyone else from E Class my new deck.

"Huh... he he he. Somehow, I feel even more confident I'll win now."

She was confident that she'd win against Narukami before?

"What makes you say that?"

"Don't you know? Angel Feather is Shadow Paladin's worst nightmare! We're practically your natural predator!"

It was true that Protect was the strongest gift against Shadow Paladin. Most of our pressure came from the vanguard's attack, but it could be stopped by a single perfect guard. However, her preconceived notion about this clan was a really outdated one.

"In the past perhaps. But things are different now."

Nowadays, thanks to Claret and Luard, Protect was no longer an issue. Luard could make up for lost vanguard pressure with five attacks and Claret could force out two gifts each turn due to being a restander.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You'll see."

Alice narrowed her eyes at me. She's been glaring at me this entire time, doesn't her eyes hurt?

"First Turn: Takanori Yuuto."

"Looks like you're up."

"Yeah."

That was slightly annoying. I was hoping to go second so I could rush her, since the key to winning this fight was having a fast tempo in the early game before switching to a steady tempo in the mid game.

My main concern was Angel Feather tanking my attacks, since my deck is at a severe disadvantage if the game gets dragged out. Even if I can force multiple PGs out at once, Alice can still guard the rest of my attacks and live another turn.

If that were to happen, she would be able to ride up and strike back with a finisher, like Feather Palace or Hamiel, depending on her deck. If she were to pull out cards like that, I'd have a very slim chance of surviving.

"Stand and draw. I ride Apocalypse Bat from my Ride Deck. David's skill, I draw. Bat's skill, I call David from soul. Next, I call Skull Witch, Nemain. Her skill, I rest her and superior call Strict Order Knight, Lluails. Turn end."

Yuuto:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
Ritual: 1
OXO
XXX

Alice:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OOO

"Stand and draw. I discard and ride Spine Celestial, Jophiel from my Ride Deck! Peniel's skill, I draw a card and get a Quick Shield ticket!"

Alice was using Celestial, huh? At least I didn't have to worry about Hamiel.

"I call Black Call, Nakir! Her skill, I scry five and add a grade 3 from among them to my hand! I add Mobile Hospital, Feather Palace, then discard a card!"

Never mind, I have to worry about Feather Palace instead.

"Boosted by Nakir, Jophiel attacks! (8000 > 16000)"

"No guard."

"Drive check! (Bellyful Meds Angel)"

"Damage check. (Mage of Entwined Roots, Awalgin)"