𝐫𝐢𝐧 | 𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐭

𝐫𝐢𝐧 | 𝐭𝐰𝐨
'𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐭'
𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲! :)
(𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐫- 𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐭 ; 𝐣𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐞/𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐥- 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐮 & 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥)
𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐫/𝐠𝐮𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫! :) 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐢 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐰𝐧'𝐬 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞!!

She's calling my bluff.

But why would I bluff?

She trapped me here and she's the one with an attitude. I want nothing more than her to die so I can escape.

I think.

"You think I'm lying??" I scoff, pressing the metal against her forehead roughly.

"Do. It." She's so demanding. And damn does she look fierce. Her forehead is glistening slightly, obvious she's been working hard all day. The moon that peaks from the glass door causes her brown eyes to glow and I feel like they're staring right into my soul. There's a soft breeze that blows from the balcony door and her braids dance along with the wind faintly. It sends shivers down my spine, waking me from my trance.

I have to get out of here. I can't be their puppet.

So I pull the trigger.

And she doesn't even flinch.

Because there's no bullet.

Maybe she wasn't calling my bluff..

She swiftly grabs my wrist, angling the gun away from her head as she points it at the ceiling. She brings my wrist down by her hip, twisting the gun and nearly breaking my fingers as she does. Suddenly, the gun is in her hands and she lifts her shirt revealing her slim abdomen as she tucks the gun in her pants near her waist.

"You got this gun from the display wall?" she asked me with her head cocked to the side, clearly annoyed and completely over my foolishness.

"Yeah?" I grab my right hand tightly, which she nearly broke, and give her the same expression.

"Why on earth would we keep loaded guns on the wall?" Pulling the gun from her waist, she presses the magazine with her thumb and shows me that it's not loaded.

I guess she has a point...

She pushes the magazine back into the pistol and the click echoes through the room as she waves the gun towards the couch. "Sit down."

I guess I have no choice but to do what she says. So, I sit. And so does she. Except, before she sits, she disappears to the bathroom connected to her room and comes back with black framed glasses on her face and black sweat. I watch her walk to the huge bookshelf plastered across her wall as she reads a book titled To Kill a Kingdom. The chair she sits in is opposite from where I sit and the silence is quite awkward after my failed attempt to kill her.

After putting her glasses on, she crosses her legs and her pants tighten around her legs, fabric revealing her strong thighs as it does. Her book opens and she places her bookmark under her thigh and sighs as she begins reading the words on the pages. She looks so different like this. No gun in her hand. No deadly expression. I know nothing about the book but it seems she is interested as her facial features change with every page she turns. It looks like she's almost done with the book, so a wicked idea crosses my mind.