Fading Light

My pain knows no bounds
My heart full of wounds
Life is so unfair
Everything is so unclear
I can't breathe
Between these fake people
They are venomous from inside
Sweetest from outside
My patience is ending
My soul not mending
Can somebody hear my cries
My heart full of lies
I won't have peace until I fullfill
The desire of revenge
The desire to avenge

She had forgotten how to smile. Yes. Inaya Shah who always smiled without any reason, who always stayed happy and cheerful had suddenly got silent. Her lips were sealed. She didn't talk to anybody except giving small responses like yes or no. Her eyes weren't the glittery and shiny black eyes they had been before. The shine had faded and they seemed lonely and wretched.  Yes. Inaya Shah gave the glimpse of wretchedness and loneliness. She had become the epitome of sadness. Sometimes she ate the meals, sometimes she skipped. Sometimes she replied to others, sometimes she stayed silent. No matter how much Nudrat apa tried to involve her in conversation, she either hummed in response or stayed silent as if nobody was talking to her. Dark circles had formed under her beautiful almond shaped eyes. These dark circles were quite visible on her creamy fair skin. Her lashes usually remained wet. The marks on her neck had faded completely. Her beautiful pinkish palms were now full of marks and scratches that she herself had gifted them unintentionally when she was  deep in thoughts.

It'd been two weeks after that incident in swimming area. Thinking about it still sent shivers through her body and made her break into sobs. She didn't even want to think about the pain she had suffered.

He was not there. He was absent for whole two weeks. Maybe on a business tour but it didn't matter to her. Nothing about him mattered to her. May be she feared him. No, definitely she feared him. She was scared from him to no extent and wished that he never came back. She never faced him again. He had become her biggest nightmare.

On another gloomy Saturday, she sat on her bed curled up like a ball deep in thoughts. Her eyes were closed. She was dressed up in blue T shirt and white trousers in the bone chilling weather .

A knock interrupted her peaceful loneliness as she sat on the bed looking at the person who entered the room.

Housemaid Sana smiled at her as she placed the tray of food on the table and looked at her.
"You should eat Inaya ma'am or else you'll get weak. Please don't skip the dinner you already skipped the lunch today".

Inaya sighed as she silently jumped off the bed and walked towards the sofa. Without replying or saying anything, she sat on the sofa and pulled the tray towards her self. She had just taken a morsel of pulao when Sana spoke,
"Zaviar sir came back an hour ago".

Inaya choked on her food and began coughing hysterically that tears welled up in her eyes but the cough wasn't stopping.

Housemaid Sana got worried as she quickly handed her the glass of water and helped her drink it as Inaya's hands were shaking.
" P-please l-l-leave".
Inaya stammered in her shaky voice without looking at her.

Sana silently left the room.

She quickly ran and Locked the room before breaking into sobs. She pressed her palm on her mouth to suppress her sobs as tears aimlessly left her eyes sliding on her cheeks.

The tray remained untouched.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Those people comfort you
Whom you least expect to ~

It was midnight when her eyes opened up due to her dry throat. She sat up pushing the duvet aside as she turned towards the side table to find the water bottle but she sighed as she saw it empty. She had to walk to the kitchen now. Nudrat apa had gone to her village with Zahid baba to visit some  relatives. Housemaid Iffat and Sana were in their quarters too. It meant that only two of them were in the whole house other than guards.
Was it safe to go downstairs into the kitchen alone?
Of course. She trusted him with her honour no matter how ruthless or heartless he was.
And there was no way he would have been awake at this time of the night.
Right?