Bleeding Heart

~°°°~

At the verge of losing hope
At the bay of becoming a monster
With the desire to destruct
Yet have the wish
To have someone who could comfort
Those haunting beasts
That just feast
On all the good in you
Killing you slowly
Tainting you inside and out
Making you crave
To avenge your sinners
And put them in grave
To satisfy the thirst
The monster of vengeance
Inside the body
That yearns for
And just lives with
the bubbling up desire
The desire for revenge
The desire to avenge

~°°°~

These past few weeks passed by in a blur. She had turned much comfortable in the mansion and could freely roam in the back gardens, in his study upstairs, and even in the terrace.
She felt that tiny sense of freedom. Her days mainly passed while baking in kitchen or beside Nudrat apa while talking to her. Sometimes accompanying Iffat and Sana as they had evening tea together on terrace. The weather had also turned a bit more cold, rain frequently poured from the sky keeping the weather of Islamabad cold and wet.

In the past weeks, she had seen him barely three to four times.
Why?
Because the first month he had mainly stayed in Lahore for some business she didn't know. The next month he came to Islamabad but barely two to three times and that too for few hours. She had barely seen him but immediately hid herself in her room at the news of his arrival and thank goodness he never approached her in her room.
The third month was also going somewhat peaceful and the mansion was beginning to feel like home with Nudrat apa and Iffat and Sana beside her. They loved and adored her so much. Took care of her so well. Inaya didn't know how could she get so lucky to have such precious and loving people in her life.

Just like many other mornings, this morning too, she decided to try something in the kitchen but something  other than baking after breakfast.
Sana and Iffat offered to help her but she dismissed them saying that she'll try it alone.

Hence she started first with cutting vegetables. After cutting them as properly as she could, she placed the frying pan on the stove turning it on. Than poured oil in it adding vegetables later. She added the spices and salt.
Adding a bit of water she stir fried them, deep inside content with herself for doing every thing so perfectly even if it was her first time.

The sound of footsteps in the kitchen snapped her attention as she turned towards the person, causing her back to face the stove. She thought it would be Iffat or Sana but her words died in her throat at the sight of him she wasn't expecting to see.

Her eyes instantly widened upon seeing him.
"A-ap"?
It was as if she was taken aback at his sudden appearance. She was seeing him after nearly two weeks.

Dressed up in white turtle neck sweater and dark blue jeans folded at the ankles , his hair carelessly disheveled as if he had raked his hands through them again and again, entered none other than Zaviar Shah.

His hazel eyes swept across the counter where the cutting board and kitchen island was a mess, pieces of vegetables and cutlery scattered messily along with the opened boxes of spices.
He gulped at the untidy and messed up sight before turning his gaze back to her.
"Are you trying something"?
He asked softly deep inside doing his best not to let his poor cleanliness freak soul Panic at the messy condition of the counter.

Inaya nodded nervously, scared deep inside from him,
"Y-yes. I just wanted to try cooking this f-fried veggies dish".
She stuttered. No matter how much his behavior changed or he became nice to her, which he was becoming more and more each day, the fear that she bore deep inside her heart didn't vanish completely and appeared as soon as he appeared especially after she was seeing him after such a long time. She felt the air becoming a little awkward. It had been nearly two weeks since they had met face to face and she was hearing his voice.