Blood On Roses

~°°°~

The silent pleas
The stammering whispers
The rustling leaves
And tiny whimpers
The darkness of night
Heart possessed in fright
No way in sight
As the predators haunt
Yet the heart mourns
Opened wounds
Dripping blood
The frightening sounds
As the heart pounds
The dawning realization
The astounding revelation
The disclosing of secrets
The throbbing desire
The desire for revenge
The desire to avenge

~°°°~

It was pitch black darkness, the looming haunting darkness that engulfed her fragile frame. She felt someone chasing her, something monstrous, the loud growls of which hit her ear drums making her choke on her whimpers.
She tried to shout for help but her lips wouldn't part nor would her tongue move.
In utter helplessness she tried to run fast, but her feet tripped over something pointed and she fell face first on the rocky path.
Under the dark looming night she felt small drops of a liquid touching her cheeks. She raised her head at the sky.
Was it rain?
The soft drizzle fell from the cloudy sky.
Upon another growl, her head snapped towards the sound as her teary orbs tried to take in the blurry sight. A monster, extremely scary was about to pounce at her. She raised her arm in utter fear and shielded it in front of her face shutting her eyes.
"Ya Allah"!
The horrific scream escaped her lips as she quivered like an autumn leaf.

She heard the monster pouncing but nothing happened. She didn't feel any pain.
After a few seconds of struggle and hesitation, she opened her eyes.
A gasp left her lips when she felt the shadow of a person extremely near her.
A soft voice that sounded like a caress, filled with warmth echoed near her ear,
"You are alright. You are safe. I'm here".
Something warm possessed his tone and it comforted her shivering heart. The voice sounded a little too familiar.
Whom does it belong to?
She tried to remember.

She had just exhaled a soft breath when a hiss escaped the person's lips and she felt something hitting her left shoulder. She was pushed slightly back with the impact.
She, in sheer panic tried to pry the hugging frame of the person off her. Her fingers quivering in sheer fear.
Her hands that had barely touched his shirt clad back halted sensing something wet.
She raised her palm in front of her in confusion when a soft shriek left her lips seeing the palm drenched in dark crimson blood.
Her face paled and heart thudded erratically in panic.
"Wh-what"...
Before she could complete she heard another growl. Raising her head, she saw the monster with his claws dripping blood. The blood of the person who had just shielded her with his body. The blood of the person whose head was resting on her shoulder.
She in sheer fear tried to call his name but her throat turned parched. Vocal cords refused to cooperate.
She tried to push the frame of the person away seeing the monster approaching again. But the heavy body didn't even budge.
She, in utter horror raised her eyes at the monster who was approaching them. His eyes filled with lust for blood, for flesh.

"W-wake up".
She shook the person trying to wake him up. They had to run. The monster was approaching.

Her legs had almost turned numb, she couldn't feel them.
She shut her eyes tightly in utter fear. The last image her eyes saw was of the monster ready to pounce. Her eyes remained shut in sheer fear.
Yet again, near her ears a soft voice echoed,
"I'll keep you safe".

And then the voice that followed it was the tearing of flesh.

°°°°°°°

"Waris shah"!