For You

~°°°~

Leaves kept falling
As the autumn winds blew
I heard those yearning and calling
That cried and wailed
'cause they were brutally snatched away
And ruthlessly parted
From the ones they loved
Their tears dripped down
As they tried to find
Even a memory that could remind
Of the person they searched for
Even the sky seems gloomy
And the sea is so quite
Such a sadness filled night
But the hope still lingers
And the heart still fights
Behind the curtains of agony
To make through this someday
And end this grief
Yet what could one do with the desire
That bubbles up inside
And slowly soars higher
The desire for revenge
The desire to avenge

~°°°~

Udaas Shamain
Din khafa•

Under the setting sun's light, he stood beside the window that was slid open at the moment with curtains pulled aside letting in the orange yellow rays of setting sun, illuminating the dimly lit office room.

Warm brown orbs appearing a little anxious as they gazed across the view outside.
The rays of sun falling on them making them appear even lighter.
Light winds played with the soft brown strands that were scattered over his forehead.

A soft sigh left his lips as he stood there with his one hand tucked in his navy blue dresspants' pocket while the other held the sleek phone raising it against his ear as he waited for the call to be picked on the other side.

On the fifth bell, the call was finally picked up letting him exhale softly.
"Salam".
He spoke deep inside hoping for her to be the one responding to him this time.

"Wasalam bhai"!
Zaira responded like usual making him shut his orbs tightly.
He couldn't speak for few minutes. It was as if he was trying to get a grip at his emotions.

"Bhai"?
Zaira asked confused at not finding any response.

It took a whole minute for him to compose himself before he opened his eyes,
"Zaira, Imsaal kahaan hain"?

"She went to Amma's room to feed her soup. I'll call her. Oh! She's already here, please talk to her".

He literally felt his breath stop for a second when he heard the shuffling on the other side indicating that Zaira was handing over the phone to that dushman e jaan.

He let out a shaky sigh sweeping his orbs across the buildings littering the view outside.

Silence.
Even though there was silence on the other side and she wasn't saying anything but Waris Shah could hear the soft breaths she was taking.

He waited. He stayed silent for few minutes listening to those even breaths with his gaze lowered, resting on the small indoor pot plant placed on the window sill.
The rays of sunlight falling on his well sculpted face, casting the shadow of the curl of his lashes on his cheeks.

Why wouldn't she say anything?
Why won't she speak to him?
Not even a word?

He felt his insides clench as he spoke, not able to endure the haunting silence any longer,
"Salam Imsaal".
But even with all the strength he could muster, the words only came out in the form of a small whisper.

Silence for few seconds. He thought she hadn't heard him clearly.
Just when he opened his mouth to speak again, her soft melodious voice echoed from the other side.