Twisted Paths

The destination is so close
Yet so out of reach
The way you trust them
And the way your trust breach
The way you become careless
And the way life teach
I'm running towards the ray
Keeping my emotions at bay
Stopping my thoughts to go astray
But what do I get in return?
A betrayal?
And that too of my heart
How many more wounds will I bear?
When will I have in me no fear?
And the way my heart tears?
Now what should I do?
Think about the revenge
Or kill the desire to avenge?

She woke up in the morning. After taking a warm shower she got dressed up in cream coloured full sleeved sweater and dark blue jeans. The sleeves of the sweater were almost covering her pinkish palms. She stood in front of the dressing table and began brushing her dark brown locks that were straight from top and ended in curls.
She sneezed suddenly dropping the brush from her hands.
She was about to pick the brush from carpet when another sneeze stopped her.
"What on Earth"!
She seemed irritated.

The weather was pretty cold as it was the start of winters. Secondly the heavy rain falls in the past few days had played their role in turning the weather colder along with the cold winds that blew.

She had always been very sensitive to winters. There winter started and here she got cold.

She sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror. Her beautiful black orbs were covered with thick and long canopy of lashes that were fluttering with every movement . Her eyelids were reddish pink. Her small beautiful nose was red, quite prominent on her pale skin. Her lips and cheeks were also pink.

"Not again"!
"Aachuu"!!
She whined as another sneeze made it's way.
Living in Birmingham for almost ten years, she still hadn't  gotten used to the cold.

She sighed as she walked towards the dressing room and took out white sneakers from the shoe rack.
She sat on the stool and began wearing the sneakers and proceeded towards tying the laces. 

She hoped that Housemaids Iffat or Sana had woken up and come to the mansion. Nudrat apa and Zahid baba had to go to their hometown again to attend the funeral of their close relative.

She walked out of the dressing room when another sneeze interrupted her making her halt in her tracks.
"What the heck"!
"Aachhuu"!!!
She whined annoyed by her non stop sneezing. She was also feeling her throat getting dry. She was sure, soon she'll get a bad throat too. Ah! How much she hated getting colds!
She knew for sure she also had a  fever.

Making her way out of her room she took the corridors.
She passed the hallway and took staircase walking downstairs. She entered the lounge when another sneeze halted her.
"Aachhuu"!!
She sighed and began taking the corridor leading towards the dining hall. Her lashes were getting wet and heavy due to continuous sneezing and rising fever. The heavy lashes were looking ethereal.
The whole mansion was Strangely quiet, she didn't see any housemaid. Strange.
She walked past the hallway and entered the huge dining hall.
Blinking the moisture in her eyes that was making her eyes misty, she entered the kitchen rubbing her palms together to generate some heat.
She didn't raise her head as she spoke,
"Can I have coffee please"?
Her voice came out hoarse because of the cold she had caught .
Hearing the voices of utensils, she thought a maid was working in the kitchen that's why she asked her to make a coffee.

She silently walked towards the small wooden table and sat on one of the chairs. Her head had started aching too. She sneezed and before she could recover from it another sneeze came making her groan in frustration.
"Aaachuu"!!
"Aacchhuuu"!!
Her curls fell on her shoulders due to the impact.
She sighed blinking her eyes to clear the moisture in them.