Destined To Be With You

~°°°~

Knowing you
Was the best thing that happened
And it's true
That I kept being attracted
Like a moth towards the flame
And the way you tamed
Those monsters in me
Embracing even my darkside
Which I tried to hide from the world
You were there
Through my highs and lows
And even whet I got the blows
You were there to hold me
You were there to comfort me
When I felt down
Even when the trials came
You were there
With me to bear
Those difficulties without any fear
And I don't doubt the sincerity you hold
And I'm so grateful
That I met you sweetheart
And I want you to know
That you own my whole heart
And that I'll never let go
So just be at ease
And lean your head on my shoulder
That even the circumstances turn too severe
Almost unbearable
I'll still be there
To hold you tight
'cause you're the light
That keeps me going
Without any fear
Of losing the track
So I let go
Without any regret
The desire of revenge
The desire to avenge

~°°°~

Standing beside the partly slid glass windows, her dainty hand held the hem of the white net curtains that were pulled aside as she stood there basking in light.

The light peeked through the windows falling on her full sleeved lilac coloured sweatshirt paired with the white ankle length skirt clad frame.
The dark brown hair tied in a loose braid appeared lighter, almost honey like as the sunlight fell on them.

Orbs filled with utter sadness and sheet of moisture gazed across the window settling on the grassy lawn below.

Three months. Three months since the incident and still the pain, the agony and the grief didn't lessen, it only kept on increasing.
She sometimes asked herself the question, whether she was right to mourn for his death who had never even bothered saving any lives, a person who was, on contrary, a monster who killed numerous lives without any remorse.

But than again, was it even in her control? She couldn't help the emotions from bursting out, the tears and sadness from engulfing her being at the thought of his death.
And not only a normal death, such a painful and horrifying death.
He had not only left the world, but his reputation and image in the eyes of people had been ruined too.

She tried but couldn't help. She couldn't help the grievance and agony that came along the way. She couldn't help the pain that erupted in her chest. She couldn't forget the kindness and care he always showed towards her. She couldn't forget the amount of love and adoration he had given her in the past twenty one years of her existence. He hadn't made her feel the absence of her parents.
He was her father, her mother and even a friend at times.
She couldn't help but remember the sweet adorable moments they shared. The way whenever he visited her, he bought everything she loved.
The way he used to play chess with her and always lost at the end intentionally just to make her happy.
The way he used to try tasting different varieties of sweet dishes with her even though he hated them yet just for her happiness.
The way he used to get worried at her crying. The way he comforted her.
He used to be the picture perfect grandpa anybody could ever have.
Inaya Shah used to think she was the luckiest girl on Earth to have a grandpa like him.

Soft whimper left her lips as she hugged herself tighter lowering her head.
The tears dropped down her lashes falling down like small round crystals.

Why do people leave yet still leave behind memories for others to remember them and grieve endlessly?
Isn't it a form of torture?
Yet the pain, the sadness never ends.