Comforting Smiles

~°°°~

The Dawn's nearing
as I wait for a new beginning
The shadows slowly fade
The ones that I myself made
As I slowly embrace
All my fears
The struggle that my being bears
And even the pain
Or the mocks it hears
I embrace them all
Taking another fall
Than I rise again
Proving to the world
The hardwork didn't go in vain
And even if I bore the pain
Repeatedly again and again
I won't crumble
Nor would I stumble
That's how I evolved
While fighting the desire
The desire for revenge
The desire to avenge

~°°°~

Sitting on the light blue tiled edge of the swimming pool, with her feet dipped in warm water that she was swaying occasionally, she turned the page of the book she held, continuing reading the chapter.

The black oversized sweatshirt clad her frame over her white highneck. The long sleeves of sweatshirt reaching her palms almost covering her knuckles.
The black jeans folded till shins, below which, her feet were dipped in water till ankles.

The long brown waves were currently tied in two braids that fell over her shoulders down on her lap as she sat there immersed in the book.
The stray locks cascading down her soft rosy cheeks on either sides.
Her long lashes casted downward as she remained immersed in reading the book.

At the sound of splash, she raised her head.
Her gaze rested on his swimming figure.

He tucked his head out of the water shaking it causing the water droplets from his luscious locks to touch her face and fall on her book.
She immediately hugged the book closer to her chest to avoid the water from falling on the pages.
"Ap ka sans bund nahi hota yun itni dair pani k neechay rehnay say"?
She asked in amazement.
The man had been under the water since nearly ten minutes without breathing and here she couldn't even stop her breath for more than thirty seconds.

The swimsuit was fitting his body like a second skin.
The black fabric wrapped around his neck and chest accentuating his muscular chest and narrow waist. The fabric of swimsuit reaching his veiny wrists hugging his muscular arms like a second skin down his legs all the way till his ankles.

He pushed back the wet strands with his hands before diving in the water again.

Inaya saw his tall frame swim towards her form sitting on the edge.

He reached the edge where she sat and settled in swimming pool beside her frame while leaning back to the tiled edge, still standing in the pool.

He stretched his arms placing one behind her on the tiles and the other one on other side.

"I've become habitual to it".
His deep yet gentle voice made her turn her neck as she gazed at his frame.

The black locks cascaded down his forehead like drenched seaweed dripping water down the contours of his face, dripping from his chin and nose bridge.

His nose tip almost red and so were the eye lids of his. The paleness of his face striking with the dark hair and dark swimsuit.

"But it's dangerous. You shouldn't do it often".
She spoke with concern.

A charming half smile spread across his lips that had turned pale red under the water,
"Fikr horahi hai apko meri"?

Inaya nodded,
"Of course. It looked so scary. What if the water enters your lungs or you get unconscious"?