Part 8: Homecoming

Ever since all the drama that happened with Jeremy and Anna and Elena and Stefan, Rosalina decided to stay out of it

Ever since all the drama that happened with Jeremy and Anna and Elena and Stefan, Rosalina decided to stay out of it. She stayed in her room most of the time and had been avoiding her siblings and Alaric. She has been going to school and doing most of her work so Alaric wouldn't have a reason to bother her. School was the most annoying part of her days because Alaric would try to talk to her after class, Elena and Jeremy would search the halls for her and Caroline was always coming up to Rosa and starting conversations.

Caroline and Rosalina are not friends and they never have been friends, but out of all of Elena's friends, Rosa liked Caroline the most. Caroline had always been nice to Rosa and always tried to include her especially when they were kids. Sure Rosalina liked Matt and Bonnie, but they didn't really ever talk or make any effort.

Somehow Caroline had convinced Rosalina to help her decorate for homecoming. Rosa only agreed because it was better than hanging out with Elena and the vampires.

"Hey, can you hand me the glitter gun? Thanks." Caroline said as Tyler handed it to her.

"Hey, can't we diss the decorating and go grab a bite?" Tyler asked. Rosa raised her eyebrow at the blonde. She was not gonna get left alone to decorate all by herself. She wasn't even planning on going, so she was not going to do all the work and be ditched by Caroline.

"Oh, I have a thermos in my bag." Caroline told him, bending over to her bag and pulling it out.

"I mean a real bite. Rebekah knows some people who like to be fed on. They're into it, we don't even have to compel them." Tyler said.

"Gross." Rosa muttered under her breath. She rolled her eyes and went back to painting the signs.

"Ok, first of all, I finally almost just got your mother to stop hating me—so I probably don't wanna get caught in some weird vampire threesome with her son. And secondly, quit hanging out with Rebekah the evil blood slut." Caroline said obviously annoyed with Tyler.

"Double gross." Rosa said.

"Just keep the claws in tonight at the dance, ok? For me?" Tyler asked her, both of them ignoring Rosalina's comments.

"So, who has the misfortune of being compelled to be her date?" Caroline asked.

"Matt said he'd take her." Rosa dropped her paint brush and her eyes went wide as she stared at Tyler both confused and shocked.

"What? You set her up with Matt?" Caroline was obviously not on board with this plan.

"She wants to go to the dance and he didn't have anyone to go with. He drinks vervain. She can't feed on him, what's the big deal?"

"She could kill him." Rosa told them, thinking it was obvious.

"The big deal, Tyler, is that Matt is an innocent, good person, who should not be going to dances with evil blood sluts!" Caroline shouted and Rosa nodded in agreement. Tyler basically scoffed at the girls concerns.