Part 26: Venom

A/N: Sorry it's been a few days. Schools been really annoying and homework and I'm also a very lazy person. Also I was reading this book from the beginning and I am proud to say that my writing has improved, sadly my typos have not. Okay, we'll I figured out where I want this book to go in the future so that's a plus. Okay, that's it. I hope you enjoy this this chapter. Bye!

Stefan, Elena, Jeremy, Matt, Caroline and Rosa were sitting at the picnic table when they saw Damon and Bonnie walking up to them

Stefan, Elena, Jeremy, Matt, Caroline and Rosa were sitting at the picnic table when they saw Damon and Bonnie walking up to them. Rosa wasn't sure why she was here, all she knew was that Stefan wanted everyone here.

"Stefan, what are we doing here?" Damon asked referring to why they were sitting at a high school picnic table.

Stefan shows the paper lanterns in his hands, "We're finishing the memorial we didn't get to have earlier." Stefan hands Elena a lantern. "We need to start healing, Damon. We've all lost to much, especially recently. I think we're numb to it. We push it away, we make a joke out of it, ignore how we feel. We've never just let ourselves grieve."

"So, you're lighting lanterns?" Damon asked which was Rosa's exact thoughts.

"Yeah. Yeah, we need to do this."

Damon shook his head, "What we need is to find out who this hunter is and what he knows about the death of the Council. We have more important things to be doing right now than this."

"Not tonight, we don't." Damon scoffed and Stefan's statement. "This is form my Uncle Zach and my friend Lexi and for Alaric." Rosa watched sadly.

Everyone standing here had a long list of names that they could read through to grieve. Stefan lot his lantern and then hands the lighter to Matt.

"This is for Vicki."

Matt lights his lantern and Caroline gets up to take the lighter from him. "This is for my dad. And Tyler's." Caroline lights her lantern and Jeremy takes the lighter.

Jeremy looks at his sisters, "This is for our parents." He then looks at Matt, "For Vicki. Anna. Jenna. And Alaric." Rosa smiled at her brother.

He lights his lantern and looks at Damon. He tries to give the lighter to Damon but he refuses. "No way. I'm not doing that."

Damon then left. It was silent for a second but Jeremy handed Bonnie the lighter. She picks up a lantern and stands next to Caroline. "This is for my grams."

Elena gets up and stands next to Stefan. "This uhm—is for my mom, my dad, Jenna, everyone that you've all lost, everyone that this town has lost. And for me, I guess."

Rosa then stood up and walked over to her friends taking a lantern and the lighter. "Uhm...this is for my mom and dad, Aunt Jenna and Uncle John." She then looked around at all the people around her. "This is for Alaric. For Caroline and Elena...and me. We're all dead so, I guess it's time to mourn."