Part 33: Ride off into the Sunset

Suddenly Tyler ran through the door

Suddenly Tyler ran through the door. Everyone turned to him confused.

"Ah, good, you're here. It was just getting depressing." Rebekah said irritated.

"What the hell is going on?" Tyler asked.

Everyone turned to Rebekah who began to speak. "Listen to the rules carefully. Stay in the building, no vamp-running in the hallways."

"Vamp-running from what?" Caroline asked what they were all thinking.

Rosa looked at Rebekah and then to Tyler. Rebekah began to speak once more as she also looked at Tyler. "Turn."

"What?" Elena asked.

"He can't. He'll lose control." Caroline stated.

Rebekah rolled her eyes. "That's the whole point. I've exhausted all your knowledge. Now I have the professor to help me find the cure, you're just competition. Whoever finds it first gets to decide what to do with it. Use it, share it, destroy it, save it. I want that to be me."

Rosa smirked and walked closer to Rebekah. "So, you want to take the cure. How cute. Little Rebekah wants to be human. Do you really think anyone will let you live once you're human?" Rebekah backed away slightly and looked away from Rosa.

"Tyler, you will turn and kill them." Rebekah said angrily. She looked at everyone, "Start with Rosa."

"Agh! I can't fight this!" Tyler screamed in pain. His breathing became heavy as he fell into the floor. He tried to pull himself over the table, but couldn't. They watched in horror as Tyler's bones began to break. "Get out of here!"

Rosa nodded and grabbed onto her friends hands. "Go—go!" Stefan told them.

The four of them begin to run down the hallway, Stefan shutting the door.

"That doors not gonna hold him."

Rosa rolled her eyes, "No shit, Elena." Everyone looked at her. Elena looked shocked, Caroline sighed. She had learned to expect this behavior from Rosa. Stefan smirked slightly, but quickly remembered the situation their in. "What? I'm mean when I'm scared."

They began to hear loud bangs coming nearer. They all began to run when they heard some doors burst open. Stefan aliases the door behind them. He takes the fire axe and sticks it in the door handles.

Tyler continues to bang into the door, making both Caroline and Rosa back away slowly as Stefan and Elena think of ways to block the door.

Suddenly, a loud thud takes place and the door opens slightly. Stefan and Elena run over to the door, trying to push it closed. Rosa was about to help when Stefan shook his head.

"He's going after you, Rosa. You need to get out of here."

Rosa scoffed, "Stop being so noble for like 5 seconds. We are all getting out of here together."