Part 11: The hardest part

Rosalina hadn't talked to anyone since Caroline's birthday

Rosalina hadn't talked to anyone since Caroline's birthday...except Caroline. How could she talk to anyone. Jeremy was gone and she didn't even get to say goodbye, Elena and Alaric are the ones who made her leave, and Rosa didn't like nor talk to anyone else.

At least she didn't have to deal with anyone today. Elena left with Bonnie. Elena wouldn't say why. Alaric was hanging out with some girl he met. Rosa couldn't believe he had already moved on from Jenna. Caroline wasn't answering her phone either. She had no one to talk to and no where to go. Normally she would hang out with Jeremy, but he's gone. Before any of the vampire stuff happened she would hang out with her parents or call Jenna. Now she couldn't do either, ever again.

Later that day Caroline finally called Rosa back and explained that her dad was in town and was helping Tyler break his sire bond. It did not go well.

"Morning." Rosa heard her sister say to Alaric as she walked down the stairs. She's still been avoiding talking to either of them, but she knew she had to. That didn't mean she had to be nice.

"Thought we had aspirin." Alaric told her.

"They're in the vitamins." She said. Elena looked at the almost empty bottle of whiskey and empty glass sitting on the table. Rosa also noticed, but didn't bother to say anything. If anything she had blackmail for homework. "You're hungover." Elena stated.

"Yeah, sorry about that. It was a bit of a weird night." Rosa gagged, but neither paid attention. This was normal behavior for her. Something they've all had to get used to.

"I told you you don't have to feel guilty about inviting Meredith over here." Elena said.

"Yes he does." Rosa commented. The others ignored her and continued their conversation.

"Oh I know. And I thank you for that. But I do feel guilty for whiskey dialing her a 2 a.m." He admitted. Elena gasped while Rosa failed miserably at holding back her laughter.

"No you didn't." Elena said. She sounded like a middle school kid gossiping in the bathroom stalls.

"Oh, yes I did."

"Oh, was she cool about it?"

"Well, as soon as these aspirin kick in and I remember the conversation, I'll let you know." He said. Suddenly the doorbell rang. Rosa watched as Elena went to answer it. Sheriff Forbes was standing outside holding what Rosa knew to be an evidence bag. Elena walked out to the porch and Alaric and Rosa followed after her.

"Sheriff Forbes, hi. Is everything ok?" Elena asked. Rosa could see her sister was a little uneasy and a bit confused. So was she.

"This is an unconventional conversation we're about to have. So I hope you'll protect me on it." Sheriff Forbes told them.

"Of course." Alaric answered.

"I assume you all have heard our medical examiner was murdered the night of the Wickery Bridge fundraiser." Rosa did not know, but she didn't speak up because Elena and Alaric seemed to know.