43.

AN: say hello to mwah. I have graced y'all with thine least fav author right here... me!

Also, this is a reasonably sized chapter so 😌😌😌😎😎😎😎😎😎 yeahh.

I hope you are all doing good, remember to eat/drink and sleep!

READ THIS!!!

I forgot about x-ray so for my dumb purposes, ima just say he broke his leg ok? good.

I can't remember whether it was night or day so I made it nighttime.

This chapter had trigger warnings in it.  I will warn you when it comes to it. please read every sentence that has a red alarm (like this:🚨) around it

Alex took a step into the building, his eyes flickering up to look if there were any security cameras. He almost scoffed at there being none. Eagle followed him in. "clear" was whispered down into their earphones from Wolf. they whispered it back to him.

The inside of the building felt even more abandoned than the outside and it has a musky smell to it. Papers were spread across the ground. They avoided it. It could be a set-up for all they know, and a movement detector could be underneath.

"electrics disabled" Fox spoke into their headsets. Just as he said that the lights disabled and little red lights flickered on, the backup power was activated. Then they went off too.

Eagle scrabbled for his torch, he lightly cursed in a whisper.

"what..?" Alex muttered from beside him.

"It isn't working"

Alex fumbled in Eagle's direction and came into contact with the torch, he snatched it and tried to turn it on for himself. "damn."

They reported it down the mic.

5 minutes waiting, time wasted.

Snake came quietly in through the front door of the building, having neglected his position on the side entrance of the building. He turned on his torch, now being out of the moonlight and into darkness.

Eagle gave a light jump, he didn't hear Snake coming. Alex, however, heard footsteps long before Snake appeared.

Snake chucked a spare torch (being smart enough to carry an extra) to Alex, not trusting Eagle to catch it.

Alex stood up from his wall leaning position and signed 'thanks'.

Then they moved forwards as a group.

Everything was quiet apart from the light footsteps that echoed down the corridor.

All torches went off as a gun clocked back. Followed by 3 others (Snake's, Eagle's and Alex's). They stood still. Another gun clocked back.

Three seconds passed.

Heavy breathing.

Movement.

"ARGH WOLF!" Eagle screamed

"EAGLE?!" Wolf shouted into the darkness.

"Shhhh. You are stupid! Stupid!" Alex harshly whispered at them!

Fox came from around the corner. "Be quiet you idiots!"

*🚨slight mentions of torture besties, so if you are slightly sensitive to it. And I mean slightly, then do not read 🚨 *

Silence... and then... the sound of a smack and a gagged scream.

*  🚨okie you can read now 🚨 *

At the sound, they rushed into action. Sprinting down the corridor it came from. Guns we're still out and not in safe mode.

They turned around a corridor to some stairs, which they almost fell. gathering themselves, they went down the stairway, it immediately led to a big door.

It was old and rusty so not that hard to break down. Alex probably would have tutted at them if it was training as the door was unlocked.

They flooded into the room. Candles were burning. You could say it was like a ritual but you're far from it.

Fox immediately shot the 3 guards/torturers. It was almost 3 perfect headshots but they still did the deed and killed the men.

* 🚨 DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO TORTURE N' STUFF LIKE THAT! I don't even mean slightly sensitive or very sensitive! I mean sensitive! Maybe even if you are sensitive to self-harm stuff too. 🚨 *

there were 3 cages in a row. two people were in the cages, but not in the middle one. in the middle, one was this weird device.

The people in the cages had this strange metal thing on their heads, with these screw-like things pointing to their temples (this is called the pound of flesh trap). Tears were rolling down their faces.

Weighing devices were in front of them and it was covered in blood. The pound of flesh trap works like this: the participant at the end of the selected amount of time to lose the most flesh (basically they have to cut pieces of themselves off e.g a finger, arm, leg) won't get two screws crushed into their head to kill them.

A knife was in one of the participant's hands, it was shaking whilst moving towards their other arm.

Alex shot. The bullet flew through the cage bars and hit the knife, spinning it out of their hands. They looked up shocked.

The children around the edges of the room were screaming at the soldiers/agents to free them. All of them had tears in their eyes.

The cages were unlocked first, Snake went into one cage whilst Alex went into the other one to comfort the kid he just saved from cutting their arm off.

Snake started sobbing. The kid inside the cage had no legs and 1 arm. Eagle stopped freeing the 4 kids from the edge of the room at the command of "EAGLE, WATER! NOW! PLease!" He chucked a water bottle at Snake.

(AN: ok I'm crying)

Snake caught it, opened it and emptied it on the kid's face. It washed away the blood. Snake screamed.

The face of Fiona Friend was staring up at him, Her grey eyes dull and stained pink matched her lips. Her skin was paler than was normal. It was not even as white as paper, it was turning grey already.

AN: excuse me while I sob my heart out

so this was the draft: Alex goes in first, eagle following up the rear. building = musky smell. they find the kids, unharmed apart from rope burn.

hmmm totally didn't turn out much more traumatic that i thought....

for those who had to skip parts: Fiona Friend is dead, Snake is traumatised, Alex saved an arm. They found 6... no actually now 5 people in one room.