6.

Snake is cheesy and he knows it

The next day at 5:00am when the infirmary allowed people to see patients, Alex ran across the muddy grounds in the pouring wet rain nearly slipping, he evened out his pace and slowed a bit making sure his feet place evenly and spreading the weight of himself (40kilograms, too low but what can one anorexic say about that).

Bursting into the infirmary, he slipped on some blue shoe liners to stop the place from getting muddy and took off his mud splattered and drenched jacket and carefully put it on a hook. Then he sanitised his hands to stop germs getting to ill people and possibly in cuts.

(AN: Not corona virus times)

he nodded to the 2 doctors that stood on stand by in case anyone else came through and headed on the rooms.

He came across a door that said 'guest: Kaeda Kaoru'

  (AN: pronounced Kay-da Core-oo)

and guessed that that was the boy. He knocked politely and heard a hoarse voice call out "Come in!"

He entered silently, a habit, and smiled warmly at the boy his age "Hi, I'm Alex.", he boy smiled back

"Are you one of those people who need protecting, you look my age?" Kaeda asked

"You could say that but I'm actually one of the instructors," after a confused look he continued "Yes, I'm about your age."

"And your one of the instructors?"

"Yes."

"Aren't you too young though?" Kaeda asked.

Alex sat down "I suppose so. How are you feeling."

"Like I've been shot."

"It hurts a lot doesn't it."  Alex brought his hand up to his heart.

Kaeda tilted his head in confusion "You've been shot?"

"Yes. After a couple of times the pain goes away though." He smiled.

"after a couple of times? How many times have you been shot." Kaeda said with wide eyes. Alex's eyes widened as well. Did i really just say that, he thought to himself.

"errrrr."

"It's fine, you dont have to say."

"Thanks."

Then Snake entered. He always cared for everyone and anyone except from the enemy.

"Errrrr." He said trying to find something to say without being cheesy "welcome to Brecon's beacons SAS camp, hope you enjoy your stay?" He cringed and then started laughing along with the 2 teens in the room.

"Snake, you can never stop being cheesy can you?" Alex asked with a raised eyebrow after controlling his laughs. The medic rubbed the back of his head, something he adopted after joining the SAS and realising just how cringey he is. He smiled a bit and edged further into the room.

"Do you feel pain anywhere apart from your wound?" Snake said going into medic mode. Kaeda shook his head and then winced. "Feeling a bit faint I presume?"

"Yeah."

"That should happen after all the pain relieving and sedatives we had to give you. You should be fine and able to walk in about a week. The bullet only grazed your side." Snake finished his summary of the patient.

"Thanks." Kaeda replied.

"Oh, you shouldn't be thanking me but the fully trained doctors that actually worked on you."

"Then give them my thanks as you leave."

"Sure thing. Come on Cub, we have some instructing to do." And he made for the door, Alex stood up and said his goodbyes and exited after his unit member.

Author's note:

This was short cuz I had writers block, like that wasn't noticeable already.