Chapter 29

***Ryker***

I should have done something the moment Tamara told me that she had a bad feeling something heinous would happen. Guilt, contrition, fright and anger crowded my conscious. My wolf was out the moment Tyron uttered those words.

Paper, blood, monica, gone. The four main words in his statement swirled and occupied my mind. Had these occurred the first time Tamara informed me about her gut feeling? Would I have prevented anything had I done something about it then?

Questions upon questions darted in my brain cells. Still rooted to the floor of my office, my mate attended to Tyron, helping him seat down on my office couch. She gave him a glass of water, whispering sweet somethings to coax him into calming down.

I wanted to sprint into action instantaneously but a mind link from my father stopped me. After learning about the news, he had told me to stay where I was before going to both scenes. He insisted that it might have been a plan to lure me out, a distance away from Tamara. There was no doubt in me that Addanc had everything to do with the mysterious papers.

I had long mind linked my second in command, and the best warriors to look into the matter. I could trust Jayson in mobilizing everyone and doing a good job. I was waiting for his report while my parents made their way here.

'You can tell me Tyron, I can see the fear in your eyes.' I could hear my mate's voice from a far urging my tracker to talk. Even though we were in the same room, my mind was elsewhere, trying to come up with a final, unequivocal answer.

'Son.' My father came in, with my mum trailing behind him through the door that was already ajar. He was composed as always, little or no stress visible in his facial features. My mother on the other hand was a contrasting story.

'Oh my goddess Ryker! are you okay. ' She rushed to me, inspecting my external appearance. She then turned to Tamara, and pulled her in for a heartwarming hug. She even pulled her to her feet and made her turn around just to affirm that she was indeed okay.

'This has become intractable Ryker, we are dealing with a crafty wizard, one who has lived longer than any of us in this pack, except Mimi. ' My father stepped forward, looking me dead in the eye as he stated the very patent subject.

'You know I really don't how Mimi is still alive. ' My mother seemed to just grasp to the part that my dad said Mimi was still alive.

'Me neither, when she told us about the prophecy, she said she had been poisoned with silver and that she was soon going to die. ' I had never given it much thought, but now that it had been pointed out, I knew it wasn't normal.

A slight shift in the thread that held us together made me turn to look at Tamara. She was calmly seated, or was at least trying to stay calm. Her heart beat had accelerated and she kept on twiddling her fingers. Guilty, she had out and out hand in this, no uncertainty.

'What did you do Tamara? ' Every person shifted their attention to Tamara.

'I can't let her die, I won't let the same thing that happened to my mother happen to Mimi. ' She spoke with abundantly zealous determination.

'But she said that, just like your mother her demise is inexorable. ' I knew from the Alpha teachings that if a prophecy was tampered with every thing surrounding the prophecy would change.

'I know what she said, but I can do something about it. As a matter of fact, I am doing something. I mean isn't she still alive? ' She argued her gaze directed to me in pure resolve.

'Well this is good Tamara, we can go talk to her about this. She might have an idea about it. ' My father seemed in a hurry to visit the old werewolf.