Chapter 46

***Tamara***

I perused my mother's journal page by page, mouth agape and thoughts running wild. The more writings and drawings I saw, the more I began to savvy that it was not a journal but a spell book of some sort. I knew most of the spells, starting from binding to healing, even cleansing spells.

The book had this sweet musty smell that seemed to waft and linger in my nose. It's appearance was powerfully and mysteriously alluring. It's as if there was a magnetism I couldn't explain that pulled me into it. Curiosity began to brew deep inside, the need to go through every drawing and writing grew in minutes. I was however after a specific spell, the channeling spell.

I knew what I was getting into and yet it was the only option I had if I wanted to defeat the evil wizard. As I skimmed through the drawings, one caught my eye. There was a large candle in a tin of water, with two large pots of plant on either side. On the far end of the page, a bird soared high with a ring of fire placed around one of it's legs.

There weren't any spell written on this one, and that intrigued me even more. There wasn't any words on this particular artist's impression, and that clear meant something. Channelling spells weren't easy to come by, in fact my mother used to tell me that no living witch in other parts of the world could perform that.

My mother had taught me time and time again that witchcraft mostly revolved around four elements. Water, fire, air and soil. Looking at the image, the candle represented fire, the tin of water was pretty direct. The pots of plant represented soil, from which they grew with the bird clearly standing in for air. What I didn't understand was the ring of fire, what did it represent?

A slight headache was beginning to form, my mind overworking to try and break the hidden meaning. Where was the written spell to go along with the depiction?

'The sun. ' My mate placed his file beside. We were in his office, each one of us doing separate things.

'What are you talking about? '

' That candle represents light, the ring of fire represents fire. ' He picked up the journal and walked towards the window.

'Come here Tamara. ' I followed behind, wondering what he was trying to achieve.

'Do you remember the time you broke Addanc's curse on my dad's wolf? ' He smiled as realization finally dawned on me.

'Of course! I just have to hold the page against the sunlight! ' I snatched the book from him and tore the paper and held it at the window. Alas! we could clearly see a whole paragraph of bold words written in italic.

'Now I need my grandmother's ashes. ' I clapped my hands enthusiastically, pulling Ryker by his hands.

'Relax, one spell at a time Tamara. First we will go where the remains of your mother are, then after that we will go in search of the ashes your nana talked about. ' I carried the paper with me, and a glass from Ryker's desk.

'Come on let's go, remember Theo said that there is no time. ' A shiver ran foam my spine, the thought of Addanc and Pete succeeding bringing slight fear in me.

'We will stop them before they even hurt anyone this time. You have your powers and the witch ancestors and I have my warriors. Together, we shall make them pay, no doubt in my mind. ' With that, we stepped out of the office and headed to the pack's traditional burial grounds.

'You know there was a time when I used to cry when I went to visit my mother. ' I recalled how my eyes would swell from the amount of tears I would shed on a daily basis. It had been quite hard to let go of my mother and accept her death.